Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather L. Rigaud

Book Description: 

"Darcy's as hot as he is talented..."

Fast music, powerful beats, and wild reputations-on and off stage-have made virtuoso guitarist Fitzwilliam Darcy's band into rock's newest bad boys. But they've lost their latest opening act, and their red-hot summer tour is on the fast track to disaster. Now Darcy and bandmates Charles Bingley and Richard Fitzwilliam are about to meet their match...

"But she's about to rock his world..."

Enter Elizabeth Bennet, fiercely independent star of girl-band Long Borne Suffering. Elizabeth, her sister Jane, and friend Charlotte Lucas have talent to spare and jump at the opening band slot. Elizabeth is sure she's seen the worst the music industry has to offer. But as the days and nights heat up, it becomes clear that everyone is in for a summer to remember.






Confession time…I’ve never actually finished Pride and Prejudice. *Hanging head in shame*. I didn’t have to read it in school, and I put off reading it because it felt like a school book. I didn’t want the blah school books to rub off on it. So I waited. I’ve attempted to read it but, alas, a new semester started and the book didn’t get finished.

However, I’ve seen multiple versions of the movie and have loved (most of) them. My favorite being the 2005 version starring Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen.

Those confessions bring me to this book…I don’t mind reading updated versions of classics. It’s always interesting to see a new take on an old story. As I was browsing Amazon one day, I came across this book. The title grabbed my attention: Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star. Well, color me intrigued. From the title alone, it seemed to combine two things I enjoy…a new version of Pride & Prejudice and rock stars. I simply had to click on the book. Intrigue turned to curiosity after reading the description. I shared my find with a couple of friends and after receiving mixed reactions to it, I went about my business reading other books. But this book would not leave my mind. It kept sitting there telling me to go back and buy it…so I did. AND I WASN’T THE LEAST BIT DISAPPOINTED!

The main characters were easily recognizable and the musical/rock star aspect was a fun addition to the story. Since I do know the story, I kept wondering how the author was going to make everything work and she kept me guessing until the end. I loved the twists and turns that the book had and how, while familiar, some characters had enough of a change to surprise you.

Darcy has always been a great character, part aloof jerk and part romantic gentleman. And this book was no exception. But add in rock star and it was amazingly hot!

I love rock stars. I have since I was five and fell in love with Donnie Wahlberg. I loved the musical aspect of the book. I could almost hear the music in my head, and I would have loved to hear the actual songs Slurry and Long Borne Suffering performed.

This book has become an instant favorite and it’s definitely on my list of books to buy in paperback.

If you're interested in seeing my cast for Will, Lizzy, Jane, Charles, Richard and Charlotte.

My review can also be found on Goodreads. 


No comments:

Post a Comment