Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Finding Fate by Ariel Ellens



Book Description:

Stuck behind the counter at the family bakery, Isabella Cressley watches the world pass by her. Just shy of turning twenty-two, this was not how life was supposed to be. Her best friend, Becca-Ann, is in Paris, leaving Isabella feeling even more alone. Her grandparents have long since passed away and her mother's drinking problem makes it impossible to get any help in the bakery... or with life outside of it.

All Isabella wants is a chance... at fate.

Colt looks like a bad boy, riding into town on a motorcycle, flashing tattoos on his arm. His good looks and smile are enough to catch Isbaella's attention, but she quickly finds herself annoyed with him. First off, he's cocky. Second, he calls her Bella. Even still, Isabella can't stop thinking about him.

Soon Colt gets her to step out from behind the counter, and explore what she wants. The more Isabella explores herself, the more she falls for Colt, even against his caution. There are secrets Colt is hiding, parts of his past - and present - that make him almost impossible to fall in love with. But Isabella does anyway, telling herself that the only thing that matters is the future... but can Colt become a part of it? Or will his haunting secrets tear him away once and for all?

**Due to heavy subject matter and sexual content, this book is recommended for mature readers.**





What the crap did I just read! I feel so cheated! This book had some real potential from what the blurb says. I hate to write negative reviews, but come on! Ok first of all, there were so many grammatical errors I was really starting to get pissed. Usually I can overlook those kinds of things, but this was a little on the ridiculous side. Wrong words, missing words and I got confused a few times. Granted, it doesn't take much to confuse me but still... Don't even get me started on the story! Basically Isabella is working in the family bakery after her grandparents' death. Her mom is an alcoholic who steals money from the store so Isabella can barely keep the business afloat. She's young and has way too many burdens on her shoulders and is drowning in her misery. In walks Colt. Yum! He's the only highlight of this book. Covered in tattoos and drives a motorcycle, need I say more! Here's where I start to I hate love at first sight. It's too unrealistic and makes for some real cheesy reading. Whats worse is the characters actually telling each other they "love" each other after knowing one another for like 4 days!!! That's exactly what we have here too. To make matters even more worse, I was completely misled when it came to the sexual content in this book! I quote from the blurb: "**Due to heavy subject matter and sexual content, this book is recommended for mature readers.**" I don't consider fade to black sex scenes, calling a co*k "his, you know" heavy subject matter or sexual content. But then maybe I'm just a big ole perv! Blah blah blah..... They decide to run off and start a fresh life together and open their own bakery. Her mom drives drunk and hits another car. Ends up on life support and then dies. Isabella finally makes peace with her by telling her she loves her. By the end I was like this Only my very strong convictions to finish every (or almost every) book I start had me up till 3 am just to get this over with! I of course had to write my review while all the 'trama' was still fresh! (Drama + Trauma = Trama -> just fyi)

To be honest, my one star is like a 1.5 and it's all for Colt. He sounded really hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment