Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: Knight & Play (Knight #1) by Kitty French

Book Description: 

There's only one thing in life Lucien Knight really hates, and that's husbands who cheat on their wives.

There's only one problem in Sophie Black's life. Her cheating husband...

From the moment Lucien & Sophie meet, the seal is set.

Romantic, emotional & intensely erotic, Knight and Play is the perfect read for lovers of international bestsellers Fifty Shades & Bared To You. Let yourself be swept away by Part One of the Knight series from Kitty French, a romance so hot it'll burn your fingers...

CEO of Knight Inc. Lucien Knight is catch-your-breath gorgeous and damaged by his troubled past in Norway. All grown up and relocated to London, he's built his empire of adult clubs from the ground up to become the gorgeous patron saint of the sex industry. No one knows the dark childhood secrets that have given Lucien a backbone of steel and a heart encased in ice. No one until Sophie Black, that is...

From the moment girl-next-door Sophie accepts the job as Lucien Knight's PA, she understands how Alice must have felt when she tumbled down the rabbit hole. Lucien takes her safe, vanilla life away and plunges her head first into a huge dish of fantasy flavours. Rich, spicy chocolate covered with dark, oozingly lickable sauce? Check. Tutti-frutti with indecently red, glistening cherries on the top? Yes please.

Lucien strips away all of Sophie's inhibitions, and when he instructs her to select three new toys, she soon realises he has more than a game of Monopoly on his mind...

He's opened the door to a whole new pleasure packed world without limits, and Sophie is utterly intoxicated. But how far is she willing to go? And what happens when she has to step back into reality again?

Lucien & Sophie's is a story of star crossed love and forbidden passion, a sexual odyssey that spans the globe and changes both of their lives forever. Let it change yours, too.




***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

This book immediately captured my attention, the first time someone told me about it. So, when I was left trying to figure out what to read next, I decided to jump in and read this one.

I actually enjoyed this. I wasn’t sure what to expect with it; some reviews I read said it was similar to Fifty Shades and Bared to You, while other reviews said just a little like the other two books. For me, the only similarity (and I haven’t read Fifty Shades) was that the hero was a mega rich billionaire. Oh yeah…he also likes sex….with toys.

Boy did he like his toys. And he should since his whole company revolves around them and sex in general. Lucian Knight made no apologies for what he does or what he likes. I’m not a stranger to erotic books. But I do believe this was a first for me….the first time toys have played such a major role in a book/story. I’ll admit, there were a few scenes where I was left wishing that they would have one sexual encounter without a toy. But more on that in a minute.

I liked that we got both Lucien and Sophie’s POVs, but I wish there had been more of Lucien. Too much was in Sophie’s POV, so I was left questioning if they would actually form a bond, relationship, emotional attachment, or if every book would be about Lucien having sex with a different woman. I wanted to see a bigger connection between Lucien and Sophie…not just sexual attraction. I didn’t really feel any emotional connection until close to 90% into the book. I thought for sure that they were going to part ways and that was the end of their time together. So you can imagine my surprise when Lucien finally shows the reader that he does in fact feel something for her.

There is a cliffhanger, but I’ve definitely read cliffhangers that were worse (i.e. left me saying “Nooooooooo!”). This just left me with a... "So, that's the end." feeling.

I’m definitely looking forward to reading more about Lucien and Sophie. The second book won’t come soon enough for me.

I just had to include the pic below. Lucien took Sophie on a trip to Norway, and this reminded me of the time they spent together in nature…

Granted, their time wasn't as...sweet...as that pic, but I thought it was pretty good. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment