Monday, June 17, 2013

Officer Off Limits (Line of Duty #3) by Tessa Bailey

Book Description:

His need to possess her is non-negotiable.

Story Brooks’ fiancé just called off their wedding two weeks before the happy day. As if that isn't bad enough, her semi-estranged father, an infamous NYPD hostage negotiator, has suffered a heart attack. Not wanting to examine her lack of emotion over the broken engagement, she hops on a plane to reconnect with her father before it’s too late.

Playboy hostage negotiator Daniel Chase has never, not once, been refused by a woman, so when a debate over hospital snack foods with a delectable kindergarten teacher ends in flat-out rejection, he makes it his mission to seduce her. His only obstacle? She’s the daughter of his mentor who implicitly forbade Daniel from pursuing her.

Despite her father’s warnings and Daniel’s troubled past, Daniel and Story can’t resist their intense attraction to one another. But when the reason for her fiancé’s abrupt wedding cancellation comes to light, can Story and Daniel's already forbidden relationship survive?




Belong to me, Story. Even if it's just for a little while.♥
~ Daniel


God he broke my heart! I just wanted to reach in and hold him! I loved Daniel so much, maybe even more than Derek, and that is saying something! He was the perfect blend of possessive, take-charge, sweet, emotional, and broken yet determined to make a good life for himself. He didn't think he was worthy of a ‘good’ woman like Story, yet he knew she was worth the effort to at least put his heart on the line and take a chance that she would feel the same.

The chemistry and sexual tension, as well as the actual sex scenes, were off the charts smokin' hot!!! This may be TMI, but I found myself in serious need of a wardrobe change as well as a fan and a cold (maybe stiff) drink! LAMO. In fact, one of the hottest scenes was the first day they met, Daniel had taken Story back to her dad’s place and they had a little bet going. He had one minute to, basically, show her how good he could be. And oh my dear wet panties, He. Was. Good. I fell in love with him from page one.
"Set it again. I haven't even gotten started."
Let’s talk about Story Brooks. Yes that’s her name. Kickass ain't it! This is one sassy and saucy chick! We meet her at a pretty low point. Well, for most women it would be anyway… She gets dumped by her fiancé just weeks before the wedding. Over a seafood dinner no less (which she hates), and without even getting dessert. This is when she realizes that she’s not the girl she once was. All her spunk has been smothered by the relationship that she is not even feeling too down about having just ended. On her way out of the restaurant, toting a bottle of the most expensive Champagne and a to-go box of chocolate cake (on his tab of course), she gets the call about her estranged dad having a heart attack. This is the perfect excuse to get out of town and think on how her life got so off track. Enter Daniel Chase.

I loved that there was no major drama, no running away, no miscommunications. Just a straight up, boy meets girl, sexual attraction ensues story (no pun intended). They get to know each other and give in to said attraction. He wants to prove to Story, and maybe to himself too, that what they have is more than just sex. And it is. He stands firm on this belief and lets her know in a straight forward, no bull shit way that until she’s willing to admit that, she’s not getting any of his love stick. (those are my words btw) ;) At first Story doesn't take him serious. But she soon comes to realize that he’s right and they definitely have something worth exploring. I loved how she finally took that initial step!

Now even though I said no major drama, there has to be a little bit at the climax of the book. Otherwise where would the fun be in knowing our hero is a badass hostage negotiator? There’s a minor situation where we get to see him in action which just adds to his hotness factor. It was a little predictable, but not until the scene creeps up on you. While we didn't see any of Troy in this one, we did meet back up with Brent a few times and another ESU guy, Matt. I’m really hoping Brent’s book gets published soon because I want more!

I have to be honest here. I hated the ending. Wanna know why? Because there WAS one! I was so not ready for this to be over! Tessa Bailey has flown her way to the top of my favorite author list and I need more from her. Like yesterday! With PWH I fell in love with Derek and Ginger. With HRTT, I was even more sure of her awesome talent! No I didn't love Troy more than Derek, but he was awesome nonetheless. But with OOL, I am blown away! Daniel is one of those guys that just stays with you. I finished this book like two days ago and haven’t been able to read anything since. It was that good! And Story was definitely a favorite heroine. It’s hard to find one of those these days. One who stands up for herself and doesn't RUN!! And can admit what /who she wants and goes for it!

So yeah, great book, by a great new author! Go read it! I’ll leave you with some favorite quotes. ;)


“Fuck yeah. Bite me, gorgeous. Mark up my whole body. I want everyone to know who I belong to. Who I get hard for. Just you, Story. Just you.” ~ Daniel

"Hey, sunshine."
"Daniel."
Good Lord, baby, Say my name again. I need you to say it in your sleep. When you touch yourself. To no one in particular. Just say it, say it, say it.
(inner monologue of Daniel)

"Oh really? Who's going to keep me safe from you? I think he'd [her dad] change his mind if he knew you'd ordered me to lift my skirt within an hour of meeting me." ~ Story

"I should have left yesterday before I found out how hot you run. But I didn't. And now I'm fucked." ~ Daniel

"Oh dear sweet Jesus. It's a girl. Danny's all fucked up over a girl... We need some shots over here STAT!" ~ Brent

"All right, we got a pussy whipped man over at table five! Keep the drinks coming!" ~ Brent

"And while we're on the subject, I hope you're not planning any nights out by yourself. New York is a far cry from San Diego." "If I do decide to go out by myself at night, what are you going to do about it? Put an APB out on me?"
She did her best imitation of a man. "Yeah, officers, be on the lookout for a fully grown adult female out past eight o’clock. She’s gone rogue.” ~ Daniel and Story

"Oh, and just so you know, I am going out tonight. It will be after dark. And if you have a problem with that, you can kiss my perfectly palm-sized ass." ~ Story

"You know, I could have sworn you were going to pick the trail mix." "Oh yeah? Why is that?" "Because you're both full of shit."
~ Daniel and Story


No comments:

Post a Comment