Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review: Forever Too Far (Too Far #3) by Abbi Glines

Book Description: 

Rush promised her forever... but promises can be broken.

Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.

Blaire believed in her fairytale... but no one can live in a fantasy.

Her love for Rush and desire to have a family keep her believing that they can find a way for this to work. Until she has to make the right decision for her and the baby. Even if it breaks her heart.

Can they find the forever that they both want or has it all just gone... too far?






***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***


Me reading this book:



This series was a roller coaster. Book 1 was awesome. I couldn’t put it down and fell in love it immediately (except for the horrible cliff hanger ending). Book 2 was more middle of the road. Not as good as one and disappointing as a follow-up. But this book redeemed the series for me. It brought the ending up to a high note.

This book was a proper ending. I’ll still enjoy catching up with/seeing Rush and Blaire in Woods and Grant’s books, but now I won’t feel like their story is unfinished. I loved everything about Rush and Blaire. Yes, Rush still had is idiot moments that caused me to want to

But it was only a couple times and he actually seemed to have his priorities straight in this book. Blaire’s one moment of stupidity wasn’t all that bad and I can’t even say it was really stupidity. She did what was best for her. Her only big mistake (in my opinion) was not leaving Rush a note or text. But I really didn’t blame her. She had to think of herself and her baby and the best thing for her was to leave the situation and the stress she was under.  I did love that we got to see their wedding, the song Rush wrote for her (and performed at their wedding), the birth of their son and we got to meet him (Nathan Rush Finlay aka Nate). All of that served as the perfect ending to their story.


I really enjoyed meeting Rush’s dad. After the disaster that has been their parents in this series, it was nice to finally like one of the parental units. Granted, he’s not the best dad in the world, but you could clearly see that he loves his son.

And since I’m on the topic of dads…I’ve now made my peace with Blaire’s dad. In the last book I felt like is apology was too quick and the whole story line was wrapped up too quickly with Blaire forgiving him too quickly. Maybe I just hold grudges (which I do) but I would have liked to see him really make an attempt to make it up to her as opposed to Blaire instantly forgiving him. But…things worked out well in this book.

Nan was just awful. Because this book wasn’t initially planned, Nan was an odd character. I didn’t like her quick turnaround in the second book and I didn’t trust it. And with this book she reverted back to her old self. And I hated her just as much as I did in the previous books. I wanted her to fall off a cliff and into the ocean. Or off the ends of the earth. I just wanted her to go away and never bother anyone ever again. She seriously left me wanting to





If I were Blaire and Rush, I would have been telling Nan:


There was one part of the Nan storyline that I was incredibly happy with. I was glad to see that Nan and Grant are over. I can’t stomach the thought of a book about Nan. I know my inner vampire is showing but I was seriously hoping she wouldn’t make it out of her suicide attempt.

I also really liked the addition of Harlow. I would love to see more of her and I really hope she gets a story.

I would definitely recommend this book to people. However, if you haven’t read Twisted Perfection, I would avoid this until you do. The events of Twisted Perfection take place in the middle of this book (but you don’t see any of it, just one scene from Blaire’s POV) but there are a few details that bridge TP and its sequel.

This book is definitely worth reading and it’s a fitting ending to a story…the ending Rush and Blaire deserved.

To see my Rush, click here. Blaire and Rush, click here.




My reviews can also be found on Goodreads. 









2 comments:

  1. I will admit I didn't read it all as you said about spoilers. I do intend to one day read this series so didn't like to know too much. But I love the gifs and pics :) Glad it was a good read for you and a perfect ending :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my review on GR. The spoilers are hidden. :)

      This was definitely better than the second installment of the series. :)

      Delete