Sunday, July 28, 2013

Without Regret (Pyte/Sentinel, #2) by R.L. Mathewson

Without Regret (Pyte/Sentinel, #2)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description:

Chris Williams is used to making sacrifices. For years he's done his duty by his family and his calling as he awaited the one person that was meant for him. When she finally came into his life she was nothing like the woman he'd expected. Instead of being the warrior ready to help him protect his family and the humans under his care he got.....

A computer geek named Isabella, who somehow managed to get her name on every Master's hit list. One minute she admits that she'd made a foolish mistake and the next she's kidnapped, held hostage by a crazy cult who steals her chocolate and she's sure is after her program, a program she has no plans on giving up anytime soon. As she tries to keep her wits about her the sexiest man she's ever seen claims her, only he doesn't seem too happy about it. It's clear that he doesn't want her, but the stubborn man just won't let her go even when it's clear that he may not have a choice.

 










Part of what scared me off of this series was the review for this book. But after reading (and loving) Tall, Dark & Lonely, I jumped right into this one.

Initially, I had concerns for this book because of Chris’s reaction to Isabella. He was such a jerk and so adamant that she be sent away and that she was “useless” and “disappointing” that I immediately understood why people had problems with this book. But after I thought about it, I was okay with it. Chris was acting completely in character for the guy we met in Tall, Dark & Lonely. Chris was completely devoted to his family and would do anything to protect them…even sacrifice his happiness. Once I adjusted my thinking, and understanding, I sat back and enjoyed the show. [ and so adamant that she be sent away and that she was “useless” and “disappointing” (hide spoiler)]

This was definitely action packed, from start to finish; and it kept me hooked until the very last line.

I haven’t been disappointed by any books I’ve read by R.L. Mathewson and I’m looking forward to reading more from her.


View all my reviews on Goodreads.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment