Wednesday, September 11, 2013

REVIEW: Burlesque! Le Cirque D'Amour by Michelle Fox

18135916Burlesque! Le Cirque D'Amour by Michelle Fox
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Descripton: 


Come run away with the circus...

Ruby Palmer prefers to hide behind-the-scenes, keeping life at a distance. But when she signs on to work as a seamstress for the steamy Cirque D’Amour, the spotlight won’t take no for an answer, and neither will the circus’ handsome and enigmatic magician, Blake Cannon.

She’s watched him from afar for months, dreaming, but never daring to hope he would notice her round curves. Then fate throws them together for one unforgettable night, but, the next morning, Ruby finds her hopes of a new romance cruelly dashed. There’s trouble at her door and happily-ever-after is far, far away.

Life is a circus, magic is a trick and love is a dream. Or is it?

A new bbw romantic suspense serial from Michelle Fox.




goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47









OH. MY. GOD.

That was the worst ending ever!!! I knew going into this book that it was a cliffhanger. It’s the first entry into Michelle Fox’s new serial. And while I had some trepidation (I hate cliffhangers), it sounded too interesting to pass up. But even being prepared, I totally wasn’t! I WANT THE REST OF THE STORY NOW!!!

This was really intriguing. I have never read a romance that was set at a crique before. And since I have a soft spot for full figured heroines, I was more than willing to read this.


‘We’re not big, we’re lush, dear’ - Lilli


I’m still in awe of Michelle Fox’s talent. I normally don’t like Novellas because they tend to leave me feeling like part of the story is missing. But Ms. Fox’s work is never like that. She packs emotion into every word as she’s creating the worlk in her books. Things don’t feel rushed.

For a short novella (with a cliffhanger) this had it all…
Interesting characters, chemistry, steam, intrigue, action and a twist.

I can’t wait to read the next part in this series!


I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a honest review.


My magician Blake:

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/1751/fa6d.jpg 

View all my reviews on Goodreads.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment