Thursday, December 26, 2013

REVIEW: Down to Business by J.C. Alexander

19397193Down to Business by J.C. Alexander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description:

While everyone else heads off to college, small town girl, Autumn Malone, stays behind to help manage her family’s failing restaurant. Two years later, a scholarship at Adelphi University comes her way, and she can’t resist the chance to start a new life. The one thing that she isn’t planning on doing…is falling for irresistible Vinny Mazzola.

To outsiders, Hamptons born Vinny Mazzola has it all: good looks, money, and an esteemed reputation. While studying business at Adelphi, the last thing he expects to do is fall in love with awkward Autumn Malone who forces him to ask himself what is really important in life.

When the opportunity arises for Autumn to work at Vinny’s family-owned Italian restaurant, Mazzolas, it seems like a perfect way for her to get to know him better. That is until she meets his over protective mother and his conceited ex-girlfriend who both want nothing more than to get rid of her. Between frats, family, friends, and foes, when it comes down to business, will Vinny and Autumn have to sacrifice everything for a love they can’t live without?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9833184-the-fiery-heart







Ok, before I get into my review, I have to say that the title of this book was a little distracting for me. Every time I saw it on GR or my kindle I could hear Shang singing "Let's get down to business, to defeat the Huns!" And it made me giggle every time. Yes, I'm easily amused  winking



OMG. That was freaking horrible! The worst ending ever! Or since Fallen Too Far! I literally said "OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I proceeded to rock in a corner for having fallen over another cliff. Or, TBC. Those are just as bad. I really need to start looking before I jump.

But with all that said. This book was good! I had trouble putting it down. I liked Autumn and Vinny. I'll admit that I was skeptical of Vinny when I first met him. I wasn't convinced that I would like him. Especially since he was friends with Trevor. And let me state it clearly...I hated Trevor. Best thing that ever happened with him was him moving out. Awful guy! Horrible! Jerk! Cad! Anywho...I wasn't expecting to like Vinny because of Trevor. But I did. However, even though I liked him, I wish I had his POV. I love dual POV books and always feel like I'm missing part of the story when I don't have it.

Even though I did enjoy this, I did have a few issues. First...Lindy. Lindy was Autumn's bff. She started out great. Perfect friend. But there were times that I felt like she had a split personality. I didn't like the way she treated Autumn at times. And because of that, I had a real love hate relationship with her.

Second, Vivian. I loathed her. Much more than I disliked Lindy and hated Trevor. Vivian was an absolute monster! So horrible! I loathed her with every bone in my body. I wanted to go all Dexter on her! So you can imagine that I wasn't happy with the way the ending went down. Especially since it had to do with Vivian. But J.C. Alexander did an amazing job making her so horrible.

Overall, this was a really enjoyable book and I thank the author for giving me the chance to read it. :)



View all my reviews on Goodreads
My reviews can also be found on Booklikes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment