Friday, December 27, 2013

REVIEW: Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley

18038459Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

When old friends become new lovers...anything can happen.

Sexy, gifted, and loyal, PI Jacob Decker is a tall, cool drink of perfection who had Emmanuelle Holmes at "hello." His relationship with Emme's best friend kept them apart for years, but things have changed. Now that a case has brought him to Gnaw Bone, Colorado, the road is wide open for Emme and Deck to explore something hotter and deeper than Emme dreamed possible. So why is she sabotaging the best thing that's ever happened to her?

It isn't easy to catch Deck off guard, but Emme does just that when she walks back into his life after nine long years. The curvy brunette had her charms back in the day, but now she's a bona fide knockout . . . and she wants to rekindle their friendship. Deck, however, wants more. Emme's always been the one; she excites Deck's body and mind like no other woman can. But a dark chapter from Emme's past overshadows their future together. Now only Deck can help her turn the page-if she'll let him . . .



http://imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png





I enjoyed this book.

I loved the previous connection between Jacob and Emme. It just added a depth to their relationship for me. And I loved that it took Jacob seeing with someone else for him to realize that he’s always wanted her for himself. I love those type of books.

I have to talk about the character’s names for a moment. In past KA books, I’ve had issues with the names. Jacob’s name (either Jacob or Deck) worked for me. Both names made sense. I wasn’t as sold on Emme’s name. Emme was fine. Perfect even. But Emmanuelle reminded me of a guy’s name. So that threw me off whenever I saw it.

I’m not going to reveal Emme’s past but I will say that I’m not sure how I feel about it and how the story played out in the book. It wasn’t my favorite part. As for the case that Deck was working on…I hated Dane. I didn’t like him from the time he was first introduces and as if his actions, and connection to the case Jacob was working wasn’t enough, he made me want to go all Dexter on him for what he did to Deke’s Kaleidoscope! HOW DARE HE!? That was beyond unforgivable! 







Overall, I did really enjoy this book. I loved catching up with the other couples from the series. I love how they’re all good friends.


View all my reviews on Goodreads.
My reviews on Booklikes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment