Tuesday, March 25, 2014

REVIEW: Fall into Forever by Beth Hyland

21408622Fall into Forever by Beth Hyland
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

A girl with a past she can't remember. A guy with a past he can't forget.

Ivy McAllister had it all. Perfect boyfriend. Perfect life. Perfect future. Or so they tell her. Because one night, on a dark country road, a fiery crash changed everything…and Ivy can’t remember what happened.

Now, two years later, at a new college far from home, she tries to regain control of her life, but her plans don’t include a tattooed, motorcycle-riding, indie music-obsessed guy with his own sorority girl fan club.

Jon Priestly is the hottest guy at Pacific State University. Just ask his groupies. But with a dark past he must keep hidden, he shuts himself off emotionally and trusts no one. That is…until he meets a broken girl with haunting green eyes and secrets of her own.

Ivy shouldn’t be attracted to Jon. They’re wrong for each other in every possible way. Yet as they spend time together, something about him—everything about him—feels so right.
But when threats from her past make her question what little she does remember, Ivy must decide whether to run again or trust the one person she can’t live without.

*** Due to mature situations, strong language and drug references, this is not intended for readers under 18. ***




http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png






I found this book while browsing Amazon and for the price of $0.99, I couldn’t resist it.

And I’m glad I didn’t resist it because I couldn’t put it down. Ivy and Jon were enjoyable to read. And they had an interesting dynamic because there wasn’t a character that really romantically chased the other person. They were in each other’s orbit and their paths crossed multiple times, throwing them together. And that was refreshing. Because as much as I like books where one character is pursuing the other, there are also times where the pursuing character can come off as desperate.

And I thought Ivy’s history was interesting. And how she dealt with her migraines. Now, I’ve only ever had one (hope to never have another one) but I was amazed (and I’m not sure in a good way) that she kept putting off getting a new prescription because of fear. I’m not saying that fear can’t trump pain, but as a sissy, I would have been in there asking for a refill, knowing that I only had 1 pill left and a migraine could strike at any time. But that was my only complaint.

I really liked Jon and Ivy. I found them interesting and that they had a great relationship. It was also refreshing that Ivy had some great friends instead of “best friend” that was actually a jerk. I would love to see Cassidy get a book. After dealing with some jerks in this one, she deserves a HEA. This is a great book for anyone that enjoys New Adult and I would definitely read more from Beth Hyland in the future.


View all my reviews on Goodreads.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment