Wednesday, February 4, 2015

REVIEW: The Millionaire Affair by Jessica Lemmon

18453467The Millionaire Affair by Jessica Lemmon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

LOVE IS A DEAL BREAKER . . .

Millionaire ad executive Landon Downey has a policy: no romantic relationships allowed. So when he's saddled with his six-year-old nephew for a week, he doesn't think twice about asking Kimber Reynolds to act as live-in nanny. What he doesn't expect is the undeniable attraction to the woman he hasn't seen since they were kids. And not only does she like him back-she suggests they work their way down a list of extracurricular activities in the bedroom. How can he resist?

Kimber wants to prove once and for all that she can love 'em and leave 'em with the best of them. All she has to do is keep her sixteen-year crush on Landon out of the equation. No problem . . . until she realizes she may not be the only one whose heart has gotten completely tangled up in their no-strings agreement.
 












I seriously love Jessica Lemmon’s writing. This is my second book by the author and again, she pulled me into the story.

I really enjoyed Landon & Kimber’s story. I love the history between them and how she had a crush on him going back to their childhood. However, no matter how great Landon was (and he was beyond great), he just doesn’t live up to Evan. He stole my heart in Bringing Home the Bad Boy and there’s no topping him.

I loved seeing Evan and Lyon in this book. It was nice to see them prior to their book.

One of the things I loved most was that over the course of the book, you get to see “The Tin Man” unrust and start feeling again. I love the way Landon opened up around Kimber. Some of my favorite parts were when Kimber was babysitting for Lyon. Lyon was full of energy and kept Kimber and Landon on their toes.

Kimber and Landon had great chemistry. I just wish they had listened to themselves and each other instead of other people. Well…I wish Kimber hadn’t listened to other people. I really disliked her mom. Yeah, she was excited about being a grandmother but she was so blinded and bitter by events in her past that she gave Kimber bad advice. She thought about herself and not her daughter and what she would want. This is the second book with Gloria in it and the second time she’s given crappy advice to someone about a Downey brother. I can honestly say that I really dislike her. Based on what happened in Bringing Home the Bad Boy, I’m assuming she’s going to get a book and while I’m looking forward to it because of who the guy is and because it’s going to be by Jessica Lemmon, it’s going to take a lot of work to make me care about Gloria’s HEA.

On to the next Jessica Lemmon book!


View all my reviews on Goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment