Monday, February 23, 2015

REVIEW: Stepbrother Fixation by Kat Jackson, Lola Minx

24927972Stepbrother Fixation by Kat Jackson, Lola Minx
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Madison 
I can’t be doing this… Not now… Not with him. 
Preston Harvey is a wealthy asshole. He’s the living symbol of everything I hate in this world. I wouldn’t sleep with him if he were the last person on Earth. 
Except… I just did. 
I have a sickness… A fixation. 

Preston 
We are so f**ked. 
Our parents are engaged for Christ’s sake. Somebody is going to find out we’re doing this and there will be hell to pay… 
When I gave Madison a job as my personal assistant, this was not theposition I had in mind for my soon-to-be-step… 
And now I can’t stop. I can’t ever stop… 
I want this… 
And a billionaire always gets what he wants. 













Confession: going with the title of this book, I seem to have a fixation with Stepbrother books. I’m determined to find some good one and in the grand scheme of Stepbrother books, this one is pretty decent. It’s no Prick by Sabrina Paige, but it was still a good read.

Unlike most of the stepbrother books out there, this one had a story with a build up to it. The author established a relationship between the characters and built intrigue around them that would come back to haunt them later in the story.

I liked Preston and Maddy together. Even though he was rich, he didn’t come off as a jerk that throws money around. Sure, he wasn’t opposed to dropping $500 on dinner or giving Maddy a $10K signing bonus for her new job, but he didn’t throw money around and show off with it.

I actually liked the slow build between Preston and Maddy. They didn’t really have any relationship to speak of prior to the start of the book when they run into each other. They had met a few times but that was it. They actually developed quite a nice rapport and friendship as Maddy went to work for Preston. But one quip from Maddy about Preston sleeping with his personal assistants and things became awkward, making them see each other differently.

I loved the fight that went from yelling and screaming to them working their frustration out another way ;) This author really knows how to write steamy scenes.

I have to say that I was a little surprised that Jane didn’t come back sooner to cause problems and it was a little predictable that she was working with Preston’s dad. I was glad to see his dad go down for his horrible actions but I wish more had happened to Maddy’s mom and Jane. They seemed to get off to easily.

Overall, this was a good read. The author hooked me and I couldn’t put the book down, I read it in one sitting.


View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment