Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Review: Risking It All by Tessa Bailey

22313677
Risking it All
by Tessa Bailey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

NYPD detective Seraphia Newsom will avenge her brother’s death at any cost. Even if it means insinuating herself into a rough, Brooklyn street gang and going so far undercover, she’s not sure she’ll be able to get out. Every minute she spends in their midst means the clock ticking down on her life, especially when she overhears something that could get her killed.

Bowen Driscol is the heir to a crime enterprise. He never asked for the job, but with his father behind bars, he has no choice but to step in and keep the operation running. But when the NYPD blackmails him with a piece of damning information in exchange for aiding an undercover cop, he finds himself on the other side of the law for the first time in his life.

Bowen knows the danger Sera is in, and keeping her safe trumps saving his own ass. The problem? She can’t know he’s on her side. And there's the matter of the seriously inconvenient heat sparking between them that's incinerating his resistance. But Sera only sees Bowen's past, and men like him are the reason her brother is dead. If they're to get out alive, he'll have to risk exposing the man beneath, and hope to hell he doesn't blow the whole operation in the process.
 













I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I have been a huge fan of Tessa Bailey since I first read Protecting What's His. I devoured her Line Of Duty series and have loved every book (hero) she's written! So when I found out (forever ago... I really hate waiting!) Bowen was getting his own book, I was beside myself with anticipated glee! And now, I have finally, FINALLY been able to read it! Ok, so it was only released a few days ago... But still!

This book was so much more than I ever could have expected or wanted it to be. There was so much to Bowen Driscol than I ever realized when I met him in His Risk to Take. His inner demons tore at my heart. I wanted to hold him and comfort him in all the delicious ways I could think of. *dreamy sigh* I loved his possessiveness. I loved how he was so protective of Sera. I loved how he wanted to be good enough for her, even though he didn't realize he already was. He was perfect! ❤

He could learn. He could learn to be someone else, do something else, if it meant keeping her. He’d do anything.

Bowen was HOT!

Like, every time I read a Tessa Bailey book, I have a new favorite book boyfriend! I'm seriously thinking, Bowen has just knocked them all out of the water. And let me tell you, that is no easy feat! Have you met Daniel Chase?! Or what about Brent Mason?! (I ❤ Brent!) Or even Matt Donovan?! I mean, these are top notch, dirty talkin, hot sexin badass alpha heroes here! AND BOWEN IS THE BEST! ❤ The things that came out of his mouth.... OMG I highlighted so many sexy lines from him it ain't funny! Of course it's not funny. It. Was. HOT!

  “Ah, sweetheart, I don’t fuck around with virgins.” His head dipped, teeth closing around her ear and tugging. “But I’ll get down on my knees and eat that untouched pussy like a motherfucker.”


Mmm hmmm... Need I say more?! Nope. That says it all.

Seraphia was a great leading lady. I suppose if I had to share Bowen, she would do. ;) Even being a little naive and as innocent as she was, I felt that she was a great match for Bowen in every way. I loved how she saw past his outer facade and wanted him to see how worthy he was and how he could change his life around if he chose to do so.

I was anxious during the parts with the misunderstandings that could have torn them apart. I was so ready for that stuff to get sorted! I didn't like thinking there was a possibility (ok there was never a possibility) that they might not make it, but I did love how through the hard times, even thinking the worst of the other, they both still loved each other.

This book had a great story line. There was never a dull moment and Ms. Bailey had me glued to my kindle at every possible moment available to me! This isn't new though. It's how she rolls! ;)

So yeah. This book was freaking awesomesauce and Tessa Bailey rocks! I'm really looking forward to the next in this series and seeing what the H is up with Connor!

P.S. Keep an eye out for the scene in the photo booth. It was ahhhhhmazingingly HOT!
  Licking cat






No comments:

Post a Comment