Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday Spotlight: Audio Books - Love 'em or Hate 'em?



Hello all! This week, I thought I'd talk about Audio Books... 



Do you love 'em or do you hate 'em?

For me, at first I hated them. I have loved to read for years and years. And I've always been 'behind the times' when it comes to technology. Heck, I didn't get my first Kindle until a couple years ago! At first, I flat refused to move into the land of non paper books. There's just something about the feel and smell of turning those pages.... But then I realized I could carry a shit ton of books all at the same time if I only had an e-reader! So I got one. And I said hell no to audio books because I like to use my imagination. And the ones I'd heard had monotone narrators with no inflection. :| Sigh. But then I started having to drive several hours every few weeks and I got bored with the radio. Fast. So I thought, what the hell, and I got a free trial to Audible to see what it was all about. After a few audio books, I found I was hooked! Now, I don't usually listen to them if I'm at home and have access to my Kindle. But if I find myself on the road for any length of time, or even at work with the opportunity to listen, I do. I've found that the "listen now" option on Amazon is quite helpful in wheedling out the narrators that sound like they'd bore me, and I found a few that I really enjoyed their sound. 

So, how do you feel? And do you have any recommendations?! I have to say, so far my favorites have been The Rock Chick series written by Kristen Ashely, and they're narrated by Susannah Jones. I really like her sound. My other favorites are the Dream Man series, again written by Kristen Ashely and narrated by Kate Russell. She also has a great sound and I love her inflection, especially when she does Elvira ;) I like when they do a little different voice for each different character! 

So, there you have it. My take on the latest in reading, audio books. We'd love to hear what you guys think about them! And if you haven't checked it out, click the link to Audible and see what they have! :)






























No comments:

Post a Comment