Saturday, July 30, 2016

REVIEW: All the Feels by Danika Stone

29222548All the Feels by Danika Stone
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

College freshman Liv is more than just a fangirl: The Starveil movies are her life… So, when her favorite character, Captain Matt Spartan, is killed off at the end of the last movie, Liv Just. Can’t. Deal.

Tired of sitting in her room sobbing, Liv decides to launch an online campaign to bring her beloved hero back to life. With the help of her best friend, Xander, actor and steampunk cosplayer extraordinaire, she creates #SpartanSurvived, a campaign to ignite the fandom. But as her online life succeeds beyond her wildest dreams, Liv is forced to balance that with the pressures of school, her mother’s disapproval, and her (mostly nonexistent and entirely traumatic) romantic life. A trip to DragonCon with Xander might be exactly what she needs to figure out what she really wants.













This book definitely called to me the first time I saw it. So I couldn’t resist swiping it out from under a coworker to read it ASAP!

I had a hard time putting this down. I was definitely intrigued by it. I know I’m a hard core book fan, and even a hard core Blockhead (NKOTB fan for those that aren’t familiar with that term)…and I’d even say I’m a lightweight Harry Potter fan and Marvel fan…but I can honestly say, I’m nowhere near as dedicated as Liv is in this book. And that’s not a bad thing (for me or Liv). I actually admired her and how much she loved her Starveil universe and fandom. And I especially admired how she “found herself” and what she wanted to do with her life through her fandom efforts.

I could definitely relate to mourning the loss of a fictional character. You spend so much time with them, and then for the writer/author/creator to kill them off…it’s like losing a friend or family member. There are still a few fictional deaths I’m not over…Cooper anyone? Too soon, too soon. *wiping away a tear*

Overall, this was a delightful story, that was funny and engaging and I had a hard time putting it down! I definitely recommend it.


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment