Thursday, March 30, 2017

Happy Release to SWEET SPOT by Stella Rhys!




Title: Sweet Spot
Author: Stella Rhys
Genre: Romantic Comedy/Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 30, 2017





Our first meeting as neighbors was screwed from the start.

He was hot. I was naked. And we had no chance in hell at ever being platonic. 

I’ll be the first to admit that I live at extremes. After going ten years locked in what felt like a dysfunctional marriage, I’m now decidedly boy-free. In nearly three years I’ve had no boyfriends, no flings, no dates and no sex. For the sake of my dream career, the sacrifice has been easy.

At least it was.

Until Lukas came along.

He’s rude, gorgeous, arrogant – a stone-carved wall of muscle and distraction. He’s everything I know to avoid but there’s no avoiding your next-door neighbor. Oh yeah. The man now lives three steps from me and to make matters worse, he crashed into my life while I was soaked in the tub. Mortifying to say the least and it went something like this: I ran out exposed. He looked. He laughed.

And then I locked myself out. 

In short, Lukas Hendricks was smirking, swaggering trouble from the start. And me?

I was – for the first time in years – about to be screwed.











99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



Wow. Omg wow. I seriously love Stella Rhys’s books. I was kicking myself all the way through this book because I stupidly started it when I didn’t have a day off. So I kept having to put it down and go to work. And lord knows that 30 min lunch breaks isn’t long enough to read! 

I was hooked from page 1. The way Lia and Lukas met was hilarious. I honestly can’t remember a time when I loved the first meet as much in a book. I could easily picture what was going on and a) I was glad it wasn’t me and b) it was hilarious. 

It seems to be a theme with my reviews to include this particular gif, and it’s true for this book as well…the chemistry between Lukas and Lia was AMAZING. 


I loved that it had been forever since Lia had been into a guy, and that she was going out of her way to avoid getting caught up in something with Lukas. It was just great to see him chase her to give him a chance. Seriously, when he showed up on her date….priceless! And I loved the way he claimed her. 

Stella Rhys is really great at writing characters I hate. There were a couple in this book that were awful, and left me wanting to shove them off a cliff. One of them was Noelle. OMG. I loathed her. I actually hate that she quit Lukas’s company because I really wish he had fired her. The way she used him, and the way she treated him and Lia….


And don’t even get me started on Cam. OMG. When he threatened Lukas and Lia…Let’s just say I was feeling all: 


I have to say though, even though I hated Cam, I loved how protective Lukas got when he found out that Cam approached Lia. And I loved how he claimed her and told her point blank that she was his. 


I won’t go into detail, but I have to say that everything surrounding Wyatt just broke my heart. And I loved the scene where Lukas told Lia about him and what had happened. I loved how she was with him and how she made that day better for him. 

This book was everything I could have wanted in a book. Once Lia and Lukas got together, they stayed together. That’s not to say that they didn’t have their issues and doubts, but there wasn’t a time when they broke up because of a misunderstanding or anything. They were a team. I seriously loved how Lukas stood up for her, how he was protective of her and how he wanted to take care of her. And the same goes for Lia and how she was there for him. This book was seriously amazing and I can’t recommend it enough! 














Stella Rhys is an author of contemporary romance and can't help but write it hot, steamy and borderline filthy (just kidding, it's flat-out filthy). Writing aside, she lives for coffee, the Yankees and cooking recipes way out of her league. She was born and raised in New York and now lives there with her husband and charmingly entitled fur baby.



GOODREADS
TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment