Tuesday, January 23, 2018

REVIEW: The Road to You by Melissa Toppen

37760782The Road to You by Melissa Toppen
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Life is full of choices- of chances- of moments. 
Chances we regret not taking. Choices we wish we could change. 
And then there are the moments that define us. 

Kam was my choice…
The one who stole my heart instantly.

Kane was my chance…
The one who set me ablaze with just one look.

They were my moment… 
Two brothers that both owned a part of me. 
Two brothers that I loved in different ways for different reasons. 

One brother shattered my heart.
The other put it back together.
Both changed me forever.



The Road to You is a standalone contemporary romance.










I love Melissa Toppen's books. She always takes me on a roller-coaster (which is ironic since I actually hate roller coasters!)

I loved how the book started with a scene from the past, with Kam and Elara. The auto really did a great job of showcasing the friendship, affection and love between Kam and Elara.

Even though I had all the faith in the world that the author would make me love this story, I was worried. With all the "flashbacks"/past scenes, I just couldn't see how Elara was going to end up with Kane. Would it be believable!? Would there be chemistry!? Would it feel like he was just a replacement for Kam!?

I honestly shouldn't have worried, because the author took her time. Setting up the friendship and eventual relationship between Kane and Elara. I loved seeing them slowly fall for each other as their friendship developed. But, like I said...roller-coaster...I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. And it did. I was practically reading with my eyes closed because I couldn't watch as things blew up.

Things definitely blew up. I was expecting it, just not quite in the way it happened. But it had to happen so that there wouldn’t be any issue or confusion between the characters as to who was being chosen and why.

I have to say that I loved the way Kane loved Elara. I loved seeing him so into her and how much he wanted her.

This book definitely surprised me, in such a good way, and I definitely recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment