Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: Obsessed by Lisa Sanchez

Book Description:

The victim of both a brutal attempted rape and now a serial stalking, Halley Davis is broken, and desperate to glue the shattered pieces of her life back together. Tormented by a psychopath and battling a heavy dose of anxiety, sex and dating are the last things on Halley’s anxiety-ridden mind. That is, until she meets the man who rescued her from the hands of a would-be rapist. With a body made for sin, a wicked, sexy tattoo and an aura that screams “badass,” her rescuer not only calms the storm of terror raging inside her mind, he ignites a passion within her she’s never known before.

Tired of using meaningless sex to drown out the horrors of his past, Nick Ackart has sworn off women. In fact, if women were classified as meat, his ass is Vegan. Despite his determination to remain unattached, Nick is unable to stay away from the emerald-eyed beauty he rescued from a sadistic pervert. Immersed in a tangled web of sexual desire and deep emotion he was certain was long dead, he vows to protect Halley from the monster hounding her, even though he stands to lose his heart in the process.




 

I found this when I was browsing on Amazon. As soon as I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read it. Just from the synopsis, Nick sounded like a combination of Gideon Cross and Brian Ross….or the good things about each of them.

From page one, I was hooked. Nick had faced trauma and loss in his past, but he didn’t let it keep him from getting to know Halley and falling for her. He was also a protective, chivalrous hero that is so much fun to read.

Halley just about broke my heart. She had been through so much that it was amazing that she kept going. Even with the anxiety attacks she suffered from, she wouldn’t let the events of her past keep her locked in her house.

One of the things I loved most was the fact that Nick became a safe place for Halley. He was what kept her grounded and from spinning out of control. His mere presence took her anxiety away. I loved the connection between them. It started as sexual attraction and quickly turned to genuine feelings that developed into love.

I am really glad that I found this book. I will definitely be reading more by this author.


And if you're interested in seeing my version of Nick, click here.


My review can also be found on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment