Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Sudden Response by R.L. Mathewson

Book Description: 

Josephine (Joe for short) and Eric, the EMT crew of Echo 17 have been best friends since they were eight years old. They've been through a lot together over the years, but nothing like what they're about to experience.
As the only man in Joe's life it's Eric's job to be there for her and take care of her even while he drives her crazy, especially if he's driving her crazy. There's nothing he wouldn't do for her and when things go south he decides that maybe it's time that Joe moved on, but could he? 








This is my third book by the author and they just keep getting better and better.

I really do love friends to lovers stories. There is such a rich history between Eric and Joe that you instantly feel the connection between them. I also loved learning of the history of how Eric & Joe became friends and how his family unofficially adopted her.

This was another case of almost wishing they wouldn’t get together because I didn’t want to see their friendship messed up, but at the same time they were together in every way but a physical one. When they finally got together it was perfect and natural that it was almost hard to believe that they had never gotten together and had any reservations at all. Eric had a few stupid bone-headed moments but he always made up for them. Eric's mother cracked me up. I loved her meddling ways and how much she loved her kids...all three of them.

I loved every moment of this book and I honestly can’t decide if I love Playing for Keeps or Sudden Response more. *whispering* I think it might be this one. :) I would love to read about Eric’s brother. I want him to get a HEA too.

Like the other two books by R.L. Mathewson, this will definitely be a re-read for me. :D

To see my version of Eric, click here.

My review cal also be found on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment