Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: Wait for You by J. Lynn

 Book Description:
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…




I love J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout’s books. It’s as simple as that. Granted, I haven’t read all of them (yet) but every single book I’ve read, I’ve loved.

Wait for you wasn’t a typical J. Lynn book. And by that I mean it wasn’t about adults. This was about college age kids. It was firmly NA. Yes, legally they are adults, but they are college kids and they act that way.

I loved Cam. He is definitely one of my favorite heroes of all time. Every scene with him was so much fun to read and I would be lying if I said he didn’t make me
Because he definitely did. He was awesome. And he baked!

And it wasn’t just cookies, he had a whole array of baked goods. And he cooked for Avery. And speaking of Avery...I really liked her. She had endured a lot of stuff prior to the book. I loved how Cam really had to work for his date with Avery. Even though he was interested in her (and made it known at every opportunity), he didn’t push her further than she was ready to handle. They actually spent time together, getting to know each other. I loved reading their scenes. Avery had some of the best friends found in books. Jacob and Brit. They were funny, supportive and caring. Combined with the little we saw of Cam’s friends (Jace & Ollie), they made up a great group. Oh, and I can’t forget Raphael and later Michelangelo.

Avery’s parents were just horrible. That’s all there was to it. In every page you could feel the lack of care and emotion they had for her. I was so happy when Avery told them off and called them on their crap. I was definitely cheering her on.

My only complaints (to an otherwise perfect book) was the fact that Avery let multiple moments pass where she could have come clean with Cam about her background. I understand it was hard for her to talk about it and that she didn’t want to talk about it. But every time she considered it she kept her mouth shut. My other complaint…Avery’s confrontation with her parents and Molly. Don’t get me wrong, I was glad both happened, but it was left until the very end. It almost felt rushed. Right after Avery tells Cam everything, she goes home, confronts her parents and Molly and the book ends with the epilogue.

But, even with the rushed confrontations and ending, I loved this book. I actually feel like I don’t have enough words to state how much I loved this book. It will definitely be a reread for me in the future. But that’s hardly surprising since every J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout book I’ve read is the same way.

And if you're interested in seeing my version of Cam click here. 




My review can also be found on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment