Sunday, April 14, 2013

Real by Katy Evans

Book Description:
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?








** May contain some spoilerish comments and profanity **

Wow this was... I can't even... I'm just... Speechless. Ms. Evans, are you sure this is your first book?!! Obviously I freaking LOVED this book! There is so much I want to say about it I don't even know where to start. I saw this all over GR and decided it looked like a promising book so I went ahead and added it to my collection on my kindle to read next. Like after the two books I was currently reading. Then a few days later I read a few reviews and was even more intrigued. As I was laying in bed that night my kindle decided ~ all on its own I might add ~ to open up Real and so I was like 'ok I can take a hint' and was only gonna read the first couple chapters. Then my kindle wasn't ready to stop turning pages ~again, all on its own!~ and the next thing I knew I was almost half way through and it was 4 am. Needless to say, my other books were completely neglected as I just had to see this book through to the end! I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down. I fell in love with every aspect of it! I loved the characters. I loved the musical aspect, a lot. (more on that in a sec) I loved the story line. I loved the supporting characters. I loved the lack of editing errors! I. Just. Loved. It. The first chapter of Real was probably the best first chapter I have ever read! We meet our leading lady, Brooke. She's with her bestie Mel at an underground mma type fight and Remy is the one fighting! ;) As she leaves to go to the bathroom he knocks out his opponent supafast to go after her!

”Your name,” he growls, panting, his eyes wild on mine.

"Uh, Brooke."

“Brooke what?” he snaps out, his nostrils flaring.

His animal magnetism is so powerful I think he just took my voice. He’s in my personal space, all over it, absorbing it, absorbing me, taking my oxygen, and I can’t understand the way my heart is beating, the way I stand here, shivering with heat, my entire body focused on the exact spot his hand is wrapped around me.

With trembling efforts, I pry my hand free and glance frightfully at Mel, who comes behind him, wide-eyed. “It’s Brooke Dumas.” She says, and then she happily shoots out my cell phone number. To my chagrin.

His lips curl and he meets my gaze. “Brooke Dumas.” He just fucked my name right in front of me. And right in front of Mel.

And as I feel his tongue twist roughly around those two words, his voice is sinfully dark, like things you crave to eat but really shouldn't, desire swells between my legs. His eyes are hot and almost proprietary when he looks at me. I've never been stared at like this before.

He steps forward, and his damp hand slides into the nape of my neck. My pulse skitters as he lowers his dark head to set a small, dry kiss on my lips. It feels like he’s marking me. Like he’s preparing me for something monumental. That could both change and ruin my life. “Brooke,” he growls softly, meaningfully, against my lips, as he draws back with a smile. “I’m Remington.”


Now if that isn't the best first meeting between a H/h I don't know what is!

This story is about a man who has some serious inner demons. He's been fighting his entire life. First himself, then in the professional ring. He's never known love. He doesn't know how to love. He's broken. His only outlet is through music. Along comes Brooke Dumas. She's learning to redefine her dreams after tearing her ACL and missing her shot at the Olympics. A recent college graduate in Sports Rehabilitation, she's offered a job by Remy, who she knows from their first meeting, is something special.

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

Their story is one of trials and tribulations. Learning new strengths and weaknesses about themselves. Finding lightness where there's always been darkness. It was intense. It was agonizing. It was fierce. Heart wrenching and soul searing. It was everything you've ever wanted in a good book!

Remy
I have really gotten into the whole MMA/fighter heroes lately so I was really looking forward to another alpha fighter! Oh boy did Remington "Riptide" Tate deliver! This man is tortured. He's struggling with those a fore mentioned inner demons and I just wanted to jump in this book and hold him and tell him he was perfect no matter what. He was the embodiment of a possessive alpha male! And who boy was he hot!



Brooke
At one time she was an Olympic hopeful. A torn ACL ended that dream and she has to learn to move on. Working with Remy changes her whole perspective on relationships. “I'll never recover if he breaks my heart. ~Brooke” She sees something in Remy no one ever has. She wants to help heal him.

The supporting characters were also really great! Mel is the best friend every girl needs! She's not afraid to call Brooke out when she's being ridiculous. Remy's crew was also great. They were his family and stuck by him through all the turmoil he had going on in his life. I really hope they'll each get their own story!

I am absolutely in love with this book. There wasn't a lot of dialogue and I normally don't like that but with this book it worked! There was a heavy musical presence and I loved it! The playlist for this book was a collection of some really great songs. I have to add one though, as I feel like this song is very fitting to Real: Dark Side Also, I have never read a book with so much sexual tension I would have marked it Erotic even if there'd been no sex! Those two had me sweating and needing a cold shower on more than one occasion. And all that is before they ever got nakkey! And when they did get down to business,

In closing, you need to read this book. It is definitely one of my all time favorites! I really cannot wait for the next installment.


Brooke:


Remy:







No comments:

Post a Comment