Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: Elite (Eagle Elite #1) by Rachel Van Dyken

Book Description:

When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.
But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.


Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.


And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.



*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*






OMG! This book was  

 I can't even begin to describe how much I loved it!

I saw this book a few weeks ago on Amazon and fell in love with the cover. Then I read the description. I was hooked. I was dying to read it. But…I couldn’t. I had a plan…a book plan. I had it planned out (through buddy reads) what I was going to read. So I put this off. But it wasn’t far from my mind. I thought about it daily. Then, I finished a book that was mentally exhausting. I could feel a book funk coming on. As I was flipping through the pages of books on my kindle, I saw “Elite by Rachel Van Dyken” and decided to give it a try. From the first word, I was hooked.

Lol. I didn’t know whether I was supposed to love or hate Nixon and Chase when they were first introduced. I hated them for how they treated Trace but I was also intrigued. They made the book so much fun! (And it doesn’t hurt that they’re both hotties! ;) ) I honestly didn’t know who I liked more. And just when I thought I had it figured out, things would change on me.

I felt so bad for Trace. She was treated horribly by the other students at the school. I did like Monroe, she was a good friend. But part of me wishes we saw more of her. Poor Trace, she was completely in the dark. Everyone was keeping secrets from her. But I enjoyed her as a heroine.

This book had me laughing, had my heart racing and even breaking with the events that occurred. I couldn’t think of a better book to read. This was perfect. I have to say, the author did an amazing job. I can’t wait for more books from this series and I’ll be buying up all her existing books as soon as this review is posted. She has a new fan and she is a new auto-buy author for me.


If I could, I would give this book more than 5 stars. One last thought: If you haven’t read this yet, go read it. It’s a great book that will keep you hooked. 

To see how I pictured Nixon and Chase, click here. 

My reviews can also be found on Goodreads.


 

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay...you rock! Thanks for the awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved the book so it needed an awesome review! I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series. Thanks for writing an awesome book. :)

      Lindsay

      Delete