Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry

Book Description: 

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.





This book has been on my TBR list for a long time. But in the past, it didn’t really do anything for me…it didn’t call to me. Then, when I was looking for a book to read, I started browsing books on my kindle. And the title of this practically jumped off the page and screamed “READ ME!!!!!!” and since I can (normally) take a hint, I decided to read it.

I was surprised by this book. I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. I really enjoyed Echo’s little mystery of what happened in her past. It was just heart breaking when it all came out. And my heart also broke for Noah. I really wanted him to get what he wanted. And between the two stories, Noah and Echo had me both laughing and crying.

While this was my first book by Katie McGarry, it definitely won’t be my last. This author is incredibly talented. Not only did she make me care about the characters, she made me laugh with them and cry for them. For anyone in doubt about this book, it’s a must read.









To see my version of Noah, click here. 

My reviews can also be found on Goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment