Thursday, September 5, 2013

REVIEW: For You (The 'Burg #1) by Kristen Ashley

10813480Book Description:

Lieutenant Alexander Colton and February Owens were high school sweethearts. Everyone in their small town knew from the moment they met they were meant for each other. But something happened and Feb broke Colt’s heart then she turned wild and tragedy struck. Colt meted out revenge against the man who brought Feb low but even though Colt risked it all for her, Feb turned her back on him and left town.

Fifteen years later, Feb comes back to help run the family bar. But there’s so much water under the bridge separating her and Colt everyone knows they’ll never get back together.

Until someone starts hacking up people in Feb’s life. Colt is still Colt and Feb is still Feb so the town watches as Colt goes all out to find the murderer while trying to keep Feb safe.

As the bodies pile up, The Feds move in and a twisting, turning story unravels exposing a very sick man who has claimed numerous victims along the way, Feb and Colt battle their enduring attraction and the beautiful but lost history that weaves them together.










You know how some books have playlists of music that authors listen to as they write? Well, I feel like my review had that only in this case, it was the playlist of stuff I was listening to as I read. And all these songs represent something in the book, or what I saw in the book.



I was pretty much blown away by this book. When I started it, I expected an alpha guy (check), with a girl that gives as good as she gets (check) and something else going on that throws them together (check). What I didn’t expect was the mystery/romantic suspense of the story.



I loved Alec/Colt. I have no complaints. Normally, when I read KA books, the hero does something that leaves me irritated. Some have been worse than others, but I didn’t have a problem with Alec. And (for me), it all comes back to dual POVs. I loved being in his head. It helped explain his actions.



I have to say, February Jones is probably one of my favorite heroines by KA. I loved that she gave as good as she got and wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself. And I loved the history between Feb and Alec. I loved all the little pieces into their past, seeing how much they loved each other. And I'll admit, I loved that she called him Alec when everyone else called him Colt. To me, it was something special between the two of them.




It's been a long time since I've read a romantic suspense. And this was everything I could have asked for. There was murder & mayhem with a side of suspense that kept me wondering when and if the other shoe would drop. My only complaint is that the killer’s identity was revealed a little too soon. 

This book definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites by Kristen Ashley. I can't wait to read more from this series. 

My Alec and February: 





 My reviews can also be found on Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment