Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey

Shine Not BurnShine Not Burn by Elle Casey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

IT HAPPENED IN VEGAS.

I can't be held responsible. Things that happen there are supposed to stay there, right? Right? Yeeeah. Not so much.

Andie's just days away from tying the knot, but there's just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she's already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won't issue her a marriage license until it's all cleared up. Tripping her way through cow pies and country songs to meet up with a man who gets around places on horseback is her very last idea of how to have a good time, but if she's going to get married, make partner at the firm, and have two point five kids before she's thirty-five, she needs to get to the bottom of this snafu and fix it quick ... before her fiance finds out and everything she's been working toward goes up in flames.

starstarstarstarstar



1. I really need to find me a cowboy! ;)
2. It's been a minute since I read a book that made me laugh so damn hard I was snorting, crying and running to the bathroom before I peed myself!
3. I have a new favorite author to add to my "Nikki is stalking" list!
4. This was the most awesomest book eveah!
5. The sex was hot
6. The characters, all of them, were fabulous and well written.
7. The story line was great and flowed very nicely; I never wanted to put it down, as made obvious by the fact I read it in less than 24 hours! (pretend he's reading)
8. I have about a gazillion highlights on my kindle of awesome lines! Ok, maybe not that much...
9. The h/h were a perfect balance to each other and even though they didn't know each other for a long period of time, their feelings for each other felt real and genuine and it never bothered me there was a hint of the 'love at first sight' aspect to the story.
10. Did I mention the hot monkey sex with a hunky cowboy?!

So there you have it folks, the Ten Things I Loved about Shine Not Burn!


And now for some quotes!
“I had zero fear of Mack being the wrong kind of guy to invite up to my room. He totally didn't come off as rapist material. Me, on the other hand, I wasn't so sure about.”

“I really liked this cowboy. Mack. But I didn't know a single thing about him other than the fact that he doesn't wear underwear and he's got a big cock-a-doodle doo that he definitely knows how to use. Yee haw.”

“... something about being here in this neon-glitzy place, my shoes off and my boobs pushed up to my neck made me feel bold. Daring. Ready to grab the world by the balls and make it beg for mercy. Rawr.”

“It was the best night of my life and not just because you kept calling me King Dong.”

“What are you looking at?” I asked…
“City slicker. What are you looking at?”
“A stupid wookie man-bear-pig who doesn’t know how to mind his own business.” 
And my personal favorite, 


“I, Gavin MacKenzie, sexy
cowboy man of Baker City, Oregon …
being of sound mind and hot body … do
hereby declare that I love you, Andie
Marks, lawyer extraordinaire, and want
to be married to you until I’m so old, I
either die or my pecker falls off.I will have sex
with you whenever you want, and I will
always give you the option to be on top
if that’s what will make you happy.
Blowjobs will always be optional but
appreciated.I will change diapers when called
for, both for our children and for you
when you’re old and decrepit. I will
never spit in public or burp too loudly or
say mean things about your friends.
I promise never to raise my hand
against you in anger or tell you that
you’re useless or threaten to hurt people
who you love. Ten-four, over and out,
happily ever after. Those are my vows.” 


View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment