Wednesday, January 22, 2014

REVIEW: A Reason to Breathe by C.P. Smith

20334863A Reason To Breathe by C.P. Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Love at first sight was never so dangerous.

Jack Gunnison has a problem, well, two actually, one is 5'5" and the other...a Killer.

Jennifer Stewart needs a change after losing her husband and sending her daughter off to college.

Moving to the high country of Colorado to restart her life and, follow her dreams, Jenn gets more than she bargained for when she attracts the eye of a killer.

Together, Jack and Jenn must figure out his identity, before he strikes again.

Mature readers only due to erotic content and language.



http://imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png







This book was good...with a few issues for me. But before I get into that, I have to say that this is going to be a great book for all KA fans. You can definitely tell that the author is a KA fan. :)

This started out really good. I loved Jack and Jenn. There was a nice animosity set up going on between Jack and Jenn when they first met. I was looking forward to the chemistry and fighting that was to occur. But alas, it wasn't to be. Jenn received a visit from the resident creepy killer and rightly called the police. And this is where things took a left turn for me. I totally get calling the police. I would have too. But I wouldn't have asked for the specific officer I had met that day. And I certainly wouldn't have thrown myself into his arms when he showed up. I was just left scratching my head as to why she was throwing herself at him. They had just met a few hours ago.

Unfortunately for me, the expectorated feeling lasted throughout the whole book. But, I tried to move past that and immerse myself into the book. And I really did like Jack and Jenn together. He was completely alpha and jealous when other guys showed any interest in her. And there were definitely other guys!

The mystery was pretty good. I had a few suspects in mind and did call it with who it ended up being. However, there was a second twist that I didn't see coming and I really didn't understand it. I wish I'd had more information as to why it happened.

Overall, this was a good first novel from the author and I would definitely read more from her in the future.

View all my reviews on Goodreads


 

No comments:

Post a Comment