Sunday, January 26, 2014

REVIEW: Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain

18751827Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description:

 My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?



http://imageshack.us/a/img441/9787/xlbg.png





I freely admit that I was scared to read this book. I'd heard that it had a cliffhanger and I desperately HATE cliffhangers. But I can honestly say this ending didn’t bother me. Obviously, there’s more to the story. But the ending felt natural. She accomplished part of her plan and it was a good place to end. I still want to know how the rest plays out and yes, ideally I would have loved one entire story…be it 200 pages or 2000. But the ending wasn’t horrible here.

As for the rest of the book. It was horrible in a stomach churning way. But I couldn’t put it down. Lili St. Germain definitely kept me glued to my kindle. Even though she caused my stomach to knot, I liked Juliette/Samantha. I felt for all she’d been through. And while I can’t say I’m crazy about her plans, I can’t wait to see how she accomplishes everything. Btw, I have to say that even though the author made my stomach churn a few times, it's not in a graphic Seize Me sort of way.

Prior to going into this book, it was my understanding that she would end up with Jase. And while I liked him, I have to say that I completely fell for Elliot and I want her with him. I get the appeal of Jase, but I can’t help but feel like her feelings are more the memories of first love. I’m not saying she doesn’t have feeling for him, but so much has happened and both of them have changed so much since they were last together, that I need to really see them connect in the now and not based on the past. But with Elliot…for me, there was so much connection between them. I felt like there was so much of a connection between them. That they both have such deep feelings between them. Not just the past, but actual, honest to goodness love. I feel like they belong together. So, while there may not be a love triangle, I’m still going to hope that Juliette ends up with Elliot. They deserve to be together. And to be happy.

So, I’ll definitely be continuing on with this series. I can’t wait for the next book. :)


View all my reviews on Goodreads.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment