Friday, August 15, 2014

Among the Echoes by Aly Martinez

AmongtheEchoes_Banner

Title: Among the Echoes
Author: Aly Martinez
Publication Date: July 31, 2014
Genre: Erotic Suspense

goodreads




Displaying AmongtheEchoes_Cover 72dpi_EBook-1.jpgMy name was Dr. Erica Hill. I was a victim, then a witness, and then I ceased to exist altogether.
I may still be breathing, but stripped of my identity, I have long since stopped living. I am invisible, and my life depends on my ability to stay in the shadows.

But he sees me.

Slate Andrews is the embodiment of everything I have been taught to avoid. He’s rich and famous, and one image of him with a woman would earn millions for any paparazzi lucky enough to snap it. He has vowed to protect me with his life, yet he exposes me with his every breath. I should be stronger and walk away. I should disappear. But I’m terrified he would come after me.

I’m on the run, determined not to take him down with me but absolutely unable to let him go.

My name is Riley Peterson…at least for today.

*Among The Echoes is a stand alone novel which contains material that may be offensive to some readers. Including sexual abuse, graphic language, and adult situations. Intended for readers 18+.*

Displaying AmongteaserDARKwwords.jpg




ATE Sale Graphic




Displaying ATEHeadwwords2.jpg





After reading Stolen Course, I knew Aly Martinez would become a favorite author of mine. And when I met her at the Book Bash, that thought was cemented due to her being absolutely awesome in person! So when we at Co2BL were offered the chance to read Among the Echoes, we jumped! The blurb drew me in instantly. I was hooked from page one. I won't lie; it starts out pretty intense. I felt my heart pounding and my palms sweating. I couldn't tear my eyes away from my kindle and by the time I got to chapter two, I had tears in my eyes. 

Erica / Riley is in witness protection after testifying against some really bad men. She is living a terrified existence. A chance encounter with her new neighbor, Adam (aka Slate) has her on edge even more. Here is this huge guy, tall, broad and handsome. Her body can't decide if it should be terrified or in lust. Lust being foreign to her for the last few years as she's been too afraid to develop relationships with anyone. But underneath all the emotions swirling inside her, she realizes that he makes her feel something else. Something she hasn't felt for 3 long years. Safe

Slate is a professional boxer who also happens to hate the limelight that comes with his career. After each fight he takes some time off to hide away from the public eye to relax and catch some alone downtime. When he bumps into his new neighbor, literally, he isn't sure at first if she'll disrupt his plans of solitude or out his hideaway. He soon realizes there's a lot more to Riley than she's letting on. He recognizes her fear and even though it's not a welcome feeling at first, he wants to help. 

The two soon embark on a friendship that leads to more. This brings up my one complaint. I felt like they fell for each other rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, Seeing "Adam" bring out the inner Erica in Riley, the confident woman she once was, was beautiful. I just thought the ILY was a little soon. Other than that though, I really enjoyed this one! There was constantly something happening and I was engaged the entire time. I finished in one day! I really love Aly's writing style and she has a way of drawing her readers in. I felt awful for the things Erica / Riley endured and when she was finally able to regain herself, I felt liberated right along with her! And Slate was so compassionate and wonderful with her. He went at her speed and didn't rush her in any way. He loved her fiercely and took the job of protecting her seriously. I will say that there was a little twist at the end that I didn't see coming, and I loved it! That has to do with the epilogue and I will assure you guys there is no cliffhanger! 

**Touchy Topic Warning** There is rape but it wasn't too detailed. 



Displaying AmongTeaserwwords.jpg








AuthorPhotoAlyMBorn and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five, including a set of twins. Currently living in Chicago, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

After some encouragement from her friends, Aly decided to add “Author” to her ever-growing list of job titles. So grab a glass of Chardonnay, or a bottle if you’re hanging out with Aly, and join her aboard the crazy train she calls life.





Don’t forget to check out Aly’s Wrecked and Ruined series

goodreads





love 2





No comments:

Post a Comment