Monday, October 13, 2014

Finder Fees by Kelly Gendron


22847886“When you find her, there are a few things you need to remember. She’s smart and manipulative. She knows how to protect herself. She’s beautiful and she’ll use it to her advantage. But, Mr. Renton, the most important thing to remember… is that she’s mine.”



J.T. Renton is worth millions. He wants for nothing. When he finds Sloan Mathis, he has to have her. Problem is she belongs to another, and J.T.’s not about taking another guy’s girl. But the idea that he can’t have her. Well, it just makes the challenge driven, J.T. Renton want his latest find that much more.

Finder Fees ~ A TroubleMaker Novel

J.T. Renton is what you might call a Finder. But the one thing this former bounty hunter no longer finds is people. That is until he’s offered a finder fee he just can’t resist. What J.T. doesn’t know is his latest find comes with a hidden fee, one that could end up costing J.T. his well-guarded heart.

Sloan Mathis is on the run from her dangerous ex. So when she encounters J.T. Renton, it takes her a second to realize the arrogant, sexy, and oh-so-frustrating Finder has actually mistaken Sloan for her twin sister. And to uncover what’s going on with her gone missing sister, Sloan lets J.T. believe that he’s found what he’s been looking for.



           











When I read the blurb for this I was definitely intrigued. It sounded interesting and different. When I started, I was pretty hooked from the moment Sloan opened the door to the oh so sexy J.T. ;) I have to admit, I was a little thrown at first at the realization of Sloan being mistaken for her twin sister, Max. I wasn't sure how that was gonna play out but for the life of me, I couldn't put the book down. The story was pretty different than any I've read lately and I enjoyed that.

I completely agree. I loved the sound of this book and couldn't wait to jump into it! But I was also thrown by the fact that Sloan was mistaken for her sister. I was really looking forward to J.T. going after her when she was claimed by someone else and how that would work. But...it wasn't like that. But I'll admit (and agree with you) that this was different from any of the books I've read recently.

J.T was definitely an alpha, even if he was more of the corporate type. I really enjoyed the banter between him and Sloan. There were so many parts that I found myself laughing out loud at!  I was happy that it didn't take too long for the truth about Sloan's true identity to come out, seeing as I wouldn't have liked an entire story where she was faking who she was. I really liked how J.T was new to the whole 'feelings for someone' thing but he still accepted that he was falling for Sloan. He was prepared to fight for her, even if he was fighting Sloan herself. 

LOL. I think it's funny that you called him the corporate type. I didn't really get that feel from him. But he was definitely alpha! And you took the words right out of my mouth regarding their banter, as well as the reveal of her identity. I hate it when that's dragged out. 

Sloan was a good heroine. She was flighty and ran from commitment, but she admitted this to herself and out loud. Even still, she knew that J.T was different and she wouldn't be able to run from the feelings she had for him. They were perfect together! :D And the sex, well, lets just say that I totally approved! ;)

I had a harder time with Sloan. I just had a hard time connecting to her. But I did like them together and they were steamy. I'm totally not surprised that you approved :P

The plot itself was well thought out. I was interested the entire time to see where it was gonna go. It kept me guessing and I couldn't stop reading. Sloan had a douchey ex who I was just waiting to see when he'd pop back up, and when he did, well... I wasn't really expecting all that happened!

I agree, the plot was well thought out and the douchey ex question kept me interested to see if and how he would come into play.

Overall, I really enjoyed Finder Fees! I thought it was a really great book and since it was my first from this author, I must say that I would definitely read more from her. 

Again, I would have to agree. I can't wait to read more from her. 






No comments:

Post a Comment