Tuesday, December 2, 2014

REVIEW: Covert (Chicago Angels) by G.K. Moore

22392229Covert by G.K. Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Alessandro is the unwilling heir of a Chicago crime family. Intent on leaving the life set out for him, he decides to run as fast and as far away as possible. His plans crumble when one girl crash lands in his life. He should hate the daughter of his father’s mistress, but it’s near impossible when he finds that they are alike in more ways than one.

Olivia grew up watching men walk in and out of her mother’s life. When one man finally decides to stay, she learns that crime lords don’t leave until someone’s dead. Olivia’s salvation comes from the person she least expects: his son.
 
Six years later, Olivia and Alessandro are reunited when her life is threatened. If time has proven one thing, it’s that repeating their parents’ mistakes seems inevitable.

In a world where friendship is a luxury and love a death sentence, two unlikely lovers find each other only to be separated by their cruel reality.



     








I really want to knock a star off for the end because I hated it but to be perfectly honest, this book was amazing. I couldn't put it down.

I'm seriously addicted to mafia romances. There's just something about the guys that strikes a chord with me. Maybe it's their combination of being alpha males and going for revenge on the bad guys that threaten or hurt their women. But either way, from page one, Alex was perfect. I loved every moment of him.

Olivia aka Lou aka Lou Lou aka Livi....well...I had more issue with her. I liked her and felt for her in what she'd been through and survived but there were many times that I also thought the current day Livi was TSTL. I just didn't get her. In theory, I agree with her that she needed to be smart. But the thing was, she wasn't smart. The only time she was smart was when she contacted Alex when she was in trouble. But once he started helping her, she started working against him and acting stupid. He life was in danger and she totally disregarded that and made bad decisions that put other people, as well as herself in even more danger. She didn't stop to discuss things with Alex, she just went off half-cocked and made assumptions. So for that, I really hated her.

I loved the flashbacks that were in this book. They provided history as well as establishing the connection between Livi and Alex. I loved seeing how they fell for each other and how things fell apart. But I have to admit, even before the flashbacks started, I could feel the connection with just their first meeting in the book.

I really hate that this book had a cliffhanger because I'm dying to know what happens next. I need to know what really happened and what's going on with Alex, because there's definitely more to the story. And I need to know that Alex is going to get his HEA with me Livi.

I can't thank the author enough for an advanced copy of this book. I loved (almost) every moment of it and can't wait to find out what happens next.


View all my reviews on Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment