Saturday, February 14, 2015

REVIEW: The Sheik's Accidental Pregnancy by Leslie North

21980761The Sheik's Accidental Pregnancy by Leslie North
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Book Description:

Sara hates her new boss, Sheik Tariq. He is rude, arrogant, headstrong and argumentative. 

So, why can't she stop thinking about him? 

When she started work in the Middle East for The Botros Oil Company, Sara expected her boss to be an elderly Arab. But instead her boss is tall, handsome, gloriously masculine with stunning eyes and a muscular physique. 

Tariq has never met anyone like her. She has no respect for tradition, she's clumsy, stubborn, unladylike and talks far too much. And she isn't scared of him, in fact she openly challenges him. He finds himself getting frustrated just talking to her. 

So, why does he feel so attracted to her? 

One night they're both working late and inevitably get into another heated argument. Before Sara knows what is happening, she is kissing Tariq, and he is lifting her onto the conference room table. After an unforgettable night of passion they both agree to never let it happen again. But when they discover the result of their unprotected encounter, they must both come to terms with their feelings. 

Can this explosive couple finally reveal their more caring sides? 

Or will it all end in disaster..? 

The Botros Brothers Series 
======================= 
Book 1: The Sheik's Accidental Pregnancy 
Book 2: The Sheik's Unwilling Girlfriend












This was...quite unenjoyable.

The story could have been great. However, I never once connected to any of the characters. I couldn't even picture them because there weren't descriptions.

I never believed that there was a connection between Sarah and Tariq. She was indifferent to him, nervous because he was the owner of the company he worked for, but I never got the impression that she was even remotely attracted to him. As for Tariq, he flatly hated Sarah. From the first moment he met her, he hated her. Again, I never felt like he was actually attracted to her. The first time they had sex, I had to go back to read it because I thought I missed something and couldn't figure out how him being rude to her led to them having sex.

My other issue was that throughout the whole book, I was being told what happened. I never once felt like I was immersed in the story.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment