Friday, February 6, 2015

Review: The Will by Kristen Ashley

20603820The Will by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant.

While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love.

But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it.

Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.













I have to be honest about something. When I first started this book, I couldn't get into it. I didn't care for Josie either. She seemed a bit stiff and haughty, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get down with the way she talked all "proper". However.... Once I got several chapters in, and she realized she'd been judgmental towards Jake, I did a complete 180! I seriously could not put it down! I freaking loved it! Jake was amazing. His kids were fabulous. And josie turned out to be, well... the shit! :-)

How I could have doubted the master (that would be KA) I will not ever understand. Shame on me! There was so much to this book, and every bit of it was awesomesauce! I think this may be one of my all time favorites from Kristen Ashley. I know I say that with every book (ok they're ALL my favorites! Come on, I reread at least 3 a month) But there was just something about Jake and Josie that made my heart go a fluttering. They had great chemistry and even Josie's dialogue became something I quite enjoyed. I even found myself highlighting some of her words that you just don't hear today.

I loved Jake and his kids. I felt for them and all they'd been through and I was happy that it turned out they needed Josie just as much as she needed them. This was what I would call the definition of a true love story. They had trials and tribulations, but they worked through them and stuck together. Josie had a hard childhood that no one should have to endure, and she built such a strong wall to safeguard herself, I was sad for her. But I had faith that Jake would bust through. And he did. So did his kids. I absolutely loved this book. I feel like I'm rambling and not making any sense, but whatever. It was fan-freaking-tastic and everyone should read it! The ending.... KA is, by far, the best epilogue writer I've encountered and The Will's was absolutely heartwarming and happy-cry inducing! ❤

I'm really looking forward to Soaring now! I can't wait to go back to Magdalene!

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment