Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Spotlight: Book Signings




Book Signings!!!!!

We love them. There's nothing better than being able to fan girl at your favorite authors up close and personal. Over the years, we've been to a few and represented Co2BL at 4 over the past year. 

Well, this weekend Confessions of 2 Book Lovers was represented at the Indie Mashup in Michigan. There were loads of great authors there! Some we've interacted with and/or read before, and many others that we're just now discovering! 

So, here's a little recap of the signing:

Lots of authors we didn't know! Honestly, I felt bad having not read any of their books prior to the signing but...there were so many authors & books, not to mention the books we've committed to reviewing here, that it just wasn't possible to read all of them. But, I found some books that sound awesome and I can't wait to read them! 

Something else I learned, there are quite a few local (i.e. from Michigan) authors! I always think of authors living someplace other than the state I'm in but...there were a bunch at this signing! Some of them even have their books set in various locations in Michigan. 

Some huge highlights: 

Meeting Ashley Suzanne, she's totally awesome in person! She's just like she is on social media and she's so nice! Ashley Suzanne's mom (I'm embarrassed I don't remember her name) but she is awesome and so cool to talk to.  

Angela Graham, I've only read one of her books but can't wait to read more. 

Meghan March looked great and totally sold me on a couple of her books that I haven't read yet (and it doesn't hurt that they've got hot covers ;) ). 

I also got to meet Michelle Lynn. We've worked with her in the past and it was totally awesome to meet her. She's so sweet! 

I also found countless authors that sold me on books that sound amazing! I can't remember all the books offhand, but that's what all the swag is for! 

Plus, I got to meet some other bloggers and it's always fun talking shop with them! We traded war stories of living in the blogging trenches. Ok, there aren't any trenches, but I couldn't resist the history reference. ;)

My trip around the tables to meet the Mashup authors! 


And just because it seems to be tradition, here's the booty I came home with! (Alas, it wasn't an actual guy :( )

Right: Books; Center: Swag; Left: Whole kit & caboodle 
So, to recap...I met a lot of great authors, found some new books to add to my TBR list, collected some new favorite books in paperback, collected lots and lots of swag and had a great weekend. 

Next place you'll find Co2BL: the Cleveland Author Event next month! Can't wait to meet Jessie Lane, Sarah Brianne, Lani Lynn Vale, Chelsea Cameron, Mia Sheridan and many others! 



No comments:

Post a Comment