Sunday, June 28, 2015

SUNDAY SPOTLIGHT: Interview with Marsha Greene

For today's Sunday Spotlight, we've got an interview with an author! Her first book just came out and we can't wait to read it. 





Welcome we want to give a warm welcome to up and coming author Marsha Greene. Marsha, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to sit down with us at Confessions of 2 Book lovers. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

First of all I thank you ladies for having me and a huge HI (Marsha waves) to everyone who is here. It is such a pleasure to talk to fellow book lovers. I live in the pretty little town of Caledon in Canada with my husband and two children, and I love books, cooking, travelling and antique shops. 




Tell us about your work. What are you writing now?

Right now I am working on second and third novels in my perfect series. Second one is almost finished and the third one is coming along nicely as well. I hope to announce the titles and publish dates very soon.



Where did you draw your inspiration from?

I think when I am not hampered by a writer's block, I find inspiration everywhere. They might be sizeable or inconsequential but sometimes certain things strike and stay with me forever. Like years ago I was unfortunate enough to witness a road accident. Thank fully there were no casualties but it was the sight of that mangled vehicle which I described in perfect dreams. 



Are there any parts of your stories that are inspired from parts of your life?

This is a hard question because I haven't exactly experienced the same life and incidents that my characters have gone through but at the same time their feelings of deep loss, heartbreak, happiness, confusion, rage, everything comes from me. So in a way I am describing my feelings without being in the same situation per se. 



When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

It happened when my children were very little. I decorated their rooms in books but then after sometime I realized how hard it was to find books that my kids actually liked. So I started writing stories for them and from there it took a life of its own. 



What do you do while you write? Do you listen to music, watch TV, eat snacks, etc.?

Writing, to me is cathartic. I don't really need to be doing anything else however a cup of tea is always amazing. Other than that I actually feel as if my thoughts get louder when I am by myself.



Can you tell us 3 surprising things about yourself?

I rarely watch TV. I never have, not even as a child. It took precious reading time away. 
I love roller coasters. The crazier, the better. Unlike books I wasn't born with this love, haha, but they free my mind like few other things do.
Writing is a pleasure and a necessity for me but I am not a very effortless conversationalist. 


What’s the last movie you watched and loved?

I recently watched Far from the madding crowd and I fell in love with it. So beautiful.



How about  books…what’s the last book you read and loved?

Hmm. Tough one just because there are so many but I recently started Karen Marie Moning's Fever series and it has me completely hooked.


If you could take a romantic trip anywhere, where would it be?
It will have to be a beach getaway. Praslin Island, Seychelles.


Do you believe in love at first sight?

I completely unequivocally believe in lust at first sight but love however takes bit more than an instant to take roots, I think


Are you a planner or do you prefer to wing it?

A planner, right down to my toenails when it involves my children otherwise more often than not, I just wing it.



How did you decide on your characters' names?

My characters decide their own names I think. Julia in perfect dreams started out as Natasha but I don't know when and why she stopped being Natasha and turned into Julia. 



How would you sum up the type of books you write? Like a tag-line if you will…

Sexy and fast paced to keep you pumping.



Have you ever hated something you wrote?

I have but I can't seem to get rid of it. It is a story about cheating spouses and I absolutely hate cheaters but this one doesn't want to leave me alone. I am trying my best not to write it. 



Do you have any advice for other writers?


Well I am going to repeat Ernest Hemingway here, that the most frightening thing is a blank sheet of paper. Words are not always right or easy but they are your words and they have the power to fill paper and life so my very humble advice would be not to leave the paper empty. Keep writing.





Perfect Dreams by Marsha Greene

Julia Simmons has a dangerous secret. 

Six years ago Julia had fled New York and made a quiet life for herself in Nashville but in a twist of fate, her past and present collide with the ferocity of a runaway train and leave betrayal, death and mayhem in its wake. Her and her loved ones’ existence is threatened as Julia becomes a target for a notorious gangster and the only one who can save her is the devastatingly handsome private detective Andrew Seaton. 

After one encounter, Julia is captivated beyond reason without realizing that Andrew is hiding a secret of his own. Much too soon she is swept away in Andrew’s untamed sensuality, handing him over her mind and body. Their fatal attraction riddled with suspicions, results in a tragedy and it might be too late by the time they both realize that trust is all they ever needed. Will Andrew turn her perfect dreams into a reality or will he destroy her completely? 

Warning* Intended for mature readers. Contains sexually explicit scenes. 









We want to thank Marsha for being with us today and letting us get to know her. We can't wait to read Perfect Dreams. So head over to Amazon and check it out. It's only $0.99 or free on Kindle Unlimited!*





*btw, Marsha will also be back with us next week with a guest post! So stop by and check out what she has to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment