Wednesday, July 22, 2015

REVIEW: Spin by C.D. Reiss

18482483Spin by C.D. Reiss
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

***You do NOT need to read Songs of Submission to read Spin***

Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.

Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.

And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.

I discovered I was a savage, too.
 












Compared to Nero, this book sucked. If you want a good mafia romance, just read Nero and Vincent by Sarah Brianne.




Nikki, I blame you! YOU told me this was awesome! YOU told me he was like Nero! YOU said I would love this book! This was NOTHING like Nero, it was NOT awesome and I DID NOT love this book! 






My bad Lindsay



Ok, the book wasn't awful, but when compared to Nero, it definitely came up lacking. It just didn't live up to the awesomeness that the genius Sarah Brianne came up with. I need a guy that can go all Liam Neeson on somebody!



And while I know that there were Nero-esque moments for Antonio, we didn't get to see them. It was a lot of telling, no showing. We found out about what he'd done for revenge through people telling Theresa about his actions.  

Ok... In my defense... I haven't read Nero in at least a year. I suppose I didn't realize the magnitude of your love for him; although how that is I haven't the slightest... 

So, I humbly beg your forgiveness for even thinking of suggesting Antonio was anything  like Nero.

Lindsay: 




I do agree that this book would have been better had we had his pov. I felt the heroine made too many tstl decisions and I couldn't really see how they had such a strong connection when the only thing they shared was sex. 


I totally agree with you. While she was falling for him (although I don't know why she would), there was never any real indication that he was falling for her. Obsessed with being with her...yes. Loving her...uh...not really. From the moment they met, I couldn't help but feel like this was the whole book: 




Going back to no real love...how could she fall in love with someone when she didn't know the first thing about him!? He wouldn't talk to her, he wouldn't tell her anything about himself...all she knew was that he was in the mob, hot and attracted to her. 


I agree. And to be honest, not only didn't she know him, but at times it was like she didn't even know herself. She kind of had a multiple personality thing going on. I got whiplash a little.

Overall, I'll say the book wasn't terrible. I have definitely read way worse. I did want to see how it would end and I did like the ending, but it wasn't what I was expecting. And if / when I read the next one... I'm really not sure.


I agree. It wasn't terrible. It just wasn't Nero. While I'm curious about the ending, I'm not really in a hurry to get back to the story. I just didn't connect with Theresa or Antonio enough to want to spend more time with them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment