Saturday, August 29, 2015

REVIEW: Forever Marked by Lady J.

25863185Forever Marked by Lady J.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

If you were a marked woman, how far would you run?

At only 23 years old, Ellora's life is turned upside down. She captures the unwanted attention of a dangerously ruthless man, who'll stop at nothing until he possesses her. Haunted by nightmares of the brutal attack she survived, Ellora flees the country desperate to hide. But, the longer she runs the deeper his obsession grows.

Behr is a hard working bachelor who's life is stuck on repeat. Every single day is filled with the same people, and the same routine. That is, until a beautiful stranger stumbles into the local pub and into his heart. Even though he's immediately drawn to her raven black hair and deep green eyes... he knows she's hiding a secret. One he's determined to uncover.

Can Ellora stay safe in this small harbor town?
Or
Has the twisted game of cat and mouse, just begun?










Oh boy. This book was a mixed bag for me. On one hand, the story was intriguing and I couldn’t wait to see how it played out. But on the other hand, I had quite a few issues that kept me from loving the book.

I enjoyed the suspense/mystery storyline that this book had but for me, the romance aspect was lacking a little. I just didn’t see enough of a romantic connection between Behr and Ellora. There was a good start but the characters never spent enough time together (on screen as it were) for me to believe that there were feelings there.

One of my biggest issues is actually related to the dialogue and grammar. Now, I realize that I received an advanced copy of this book so there may have been revisions and edits from the time I received my copy until it was published, but there were times when the information being relayed by some characters was delivered in such a way that it felt overly dramatic. Especially when it came from police officers who would not be delivering said info in a dramatic fashion. Another issue I had was how issues would pop up from out of nowhere just when it was convenient. One example was the injury that Ellora starts the book with. Time passes without her feeling any effects of said injury and there’s no hint of any infection until she’s suddenly hit with it and passes out from it and the injury starts bleeding again. I actually flipped back through a couple chapters to see if I’d missed some mention of discomfort to the injury site or any possible times when she didn’t feel good.

Overall, the story was decent. I think the execution could have been a little better but it was a good debut book by the author.




View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment