Tuesday, August 18, 2015

REVIEW: Pulse by D.G. Whiskey

26084912Pulse: A Stepbrother Romance by D.G. Whiskey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

PULSE is a standalone, full romance novel with no cliffhanger and a HEA. 

Leah Allen 
The last thing I needed was another bad boy. 

Hard muscles. Handsome. Hot tattoos. He had a dangerous, I don't give a f*** attitude that made him irresistible. 

It was supposed to be a one-night stand, but when Dad introduced Chris as my new stepbrother, I knew I was in trouble. His world of gangs and violence would destroy me. I needed to stay away. 

Why do I find that impossible? 

Chris Belzer 
Drugs, fights, death. A typical Wednesday. Meeting Leah changed everything—music coursed through my veins when we f***ed. I knew she would be the key to escaping the quicksand I'd been mired in for ten years. 

I shouldn't want her. I couldn't resist her. Breaking out of the crime and blood and into a new life would be impossible without her. 

ATTENTION: PULSE contains mature subject matter including sex, drugs, and violence. Please be over the age of 18.










I found this to be a very enjoyable book. I was hesitant at first to read it because the blurb says "Drugs" and "world of gangs". I'm not a fan of drugs in books and gangs sort of turn me off. But the overall premise sounded interesting (and I'm a sucker for stepbrother books), so I proceeded ahead. And I'm really glad I did. Once I got into this, I couldn't put it down.

I loved the way Chris went after Leah once he saw her. He couldn't get her out of his mind and he had to have her. They also had wickedly hot chemistry!

Even though this was a stepbrother book, I never really felt that beyond the initial wedding weekend scene. Chris and Leah spent time together and yes, it was mentioned a few times, but there was no real family interaction to force the issue and Chris's mom was even trying to play matchmaker between them before she knew about them hooking up.

This was my first book by DG Whiskey but it won't be my last!

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment