Monday, August 31, 2015

REVIEW: Step Beast by Selena Kitt

26175996Step Beast: by Selena Kitt
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

They call him Beast because he fights and f*cks like one. Because he’s built like the tanks he rode in Afghanistan.

Beneath Conrad "Beast" Beeston III’s fierce, intense gaze, his brooding temperament, his knuckles scarred from fighting, lurks a wild man, his strong, broad back darkly inked with his own hard truths.

He only has one mode, and “Beast” is it. He ripped through Tilly's life, tearing it to shreds, and then he was gone, giving a stiff middle finger to a life of entitlement. He left her like he leaves them all—with little more than a broken heart. But for Tilly, there was one more thing.

He left her with an unbearable secret she’s been forced to keep for years.

Tilly’s privileged life, after her recent graduation from Mt. Holyoke, has come to a screeching halt under tragic circumstances. Had she really believed she’d never see her Devil Dog stepbrother again?

Now he’s coming home—and she’s forced to face his cocky smirk and arrogant swagger, to look once again into the eyes of the monster who left her.

Forced to confront him, what she sees is a raw, broken, tortured man who just might be the only person she knows keeping even bigger secrets than she is.
 











I love stepbrother books…not sure why I do, but I do. I was really excited to read this one.

I was instantly drawn into the story. I loved the connection between Beast and Tilly. The book was going along just fine until the club was introduced. I’m not a huge fan of bdsm, so when that started to play a roll, I started checking out. It’s just not my thing and it lessened my enjoyment of the story. However, Tilly’s reactions to what she was seeing at The Bottom Floor were hilarious. I couldn’t stop reading. And I’m glad I didn’t because the book definitely became more that just BDSM. Yes, that played a part and they spent quite a bit of time there, so much so that during one scene in particular, I got a little bored with how long it went on, but I loved when they finally gave into their feelings and the story became more than just them hooking up at the club. I also loved the history between Beast and Tilly, it just added so much more to the story. 

There were a couple of twists that were in the book and while I won’t say what those were, I will say that one I called (more because I’d hoped it to be true) and the other I did think of but discounted because I didn’t think it was likely. However, both twists were great. I loved them.

My least favorite part of the book was Tilly’s mom. I’m sorry that she was sick with Cancer and not doing well but for me, that didn’t excuse her treatment of Tilly. I felt like because she had cancer I was supposed to feel sympathy for her but with the way she treated Tilly, and the things she did to Tilly over the years, I didn’t. I just hated her.

Overall, I really did love this book. I especially loved that this was a full length novel and not a short thing that doesn’t have an end. I would definitely recommend it to others.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment