Thursday, August 13, 2015

REVIEW: Tainted Kiss by Sharon Kay

25744133Tainted Kiss by Sharon Kay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Tactical, lethal, resolute. 
Haunted by a centuries-old tragedy, there’s no room in Arawn’s life for softness. Every action he takes is for the betterment of his race and the good of the realm. He leads his elite band of warriors the same way he lives his life: full on, without compromise, determined. Except for one sexy female who happens to be his subordinate. 

Tenacious, passionate, tough-as-steel. 
Ria relishes the duties Arawn assigns her as much as she respects the deadly combatants on her team. And she has a secret: her formidable boss is also her deepest fantasy. Years of working under his authority haven’t dulled the spark she feels, yet her passion is tempered by the hints of loss she gathers about him. His dark and sexy moodiness draws her, but he’s a hard man to approach as he keeps the world at emotional arm’s length. 

Secrets laced in blood burn his battle-hardened soul. 
When Ria is gravely injured in the line of duty, Arawn can no longer fight his own long-simmering feelings. But a secret, more heinous and ugly than anyone could imagine, prevents him from surrendering his heart. Despite his intentions, he and Ria forge a connection both fiery and unexpectedly tender. Yet every day brings them closer to shocking facts. Evil stirs in his blood, and hiding the truth from her will be the ultimate betrayal.











I found this book to be extremely enjoyable. Initially when I started I felt like I had been dropped into the middle of a story. This book is a spin-off of the authors previous series, and having not read that it took chapter or two to acclimate myself to the characters and the world

I quickly got pulled into the story of Arawn & Ria. I loved how alpha he was. How protective and caring.

My one issue came with Ria. For the most part, I liked her. Unfortunately, once is she and Arawn got together I felt like she was taking advantage of their relationship and acted insubordinate to her superior and questioned his orders. This wouldn't have been a big deal if it had been done in private, but she did this in front of other people and I found that to be incredibly disrespectful.

My only other issue with Ria came when Arawn’s big secret was revealed. I did not like her reaction and I felt like she was judging him when she had no right to judge him
Overall, this was a very enjoyable book. There were also a couple of POVs for another character that really intrigued me. I hope he gets a book next.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment