Saturday, September 19, 2015

REVIEW: Angel Fallen by Jennifer Leighton

25050243Angel Fallen by Jennifer Leighton

Book Description: 

When Garon gets the news he’s about to be transferred to a new assignment, his entire world comes crashing down around him, for as a guardian angel, a new charge can only mean one thing.

His Jessie, the girl he’s watched over from the moment of her birth, the human he’d been created to protect, is about to die.

Can he stand by and let her be destroyed? Or will he dare to do the unthinkable.

Dare to fall.

~o0o~


Jessica Martin doesn’t believe in happily ever after. Prince Charming is just a lie bought by starry-eyed women, and she’s far from that anymore.

No man has ever measured up to the one who lives in her imagination. With no real family, just temporary ones that came and went, she’s had few constants in her life, but the make-believe friend from her childhood has always been there for her. Always.

Too bad George isn’t real.

So when a mysterious man rescues her from danger, she can’t help but be suspicious. Her Good Samaritan is blond-haired, blue-eyed, and drop dead gorgeous, the complete embodiment of her perfect man, but he’s more than what he seems. The strange familiarity in his eyes, his touch…it shouldn’t be there.

What is he hiding?

~o0o~ 


***This erotic romance is approximately 43,500 words and is a stand-alone. Contains explicit sex/language. For mature readers only.***




 






Confession: I’m not a huge fan of Angel books. I’ve read a few in the past and they’ve had a tendency to become preachy. I’m happy to say that this was not one of those books.

The premise was beyond interesting, Garon is a guardian angel, created especially for Jessica. When he finds out she’s going to die, he decides to do something to save her and in the process, becomes a fallen angel.


The story is quite good. I loved how much Garon loved Jessica. I also loved all the “George” moments that were mentioned. Seeing those little moments of Jessie’s “imaginary friend” throughout her life really added some depth and emotion to the story.


I found it a little disconcerting that even after Jessica accepted that Garon was George, she kept calling him George. But after they had a conversation about names and he said he preferred George, I was fine.


I do love that the author didn’t draw out Garon/George telling Jessie who he was. Obviously it took a little convincing but I’m glad it didn’t take forever for him to tell her. However, after she accepted it and things heated up between them, it irritated me that Jessica then ran from him calling him a stalker and again believing his story to be fiction. If she had done that initially before believing him, that’s one thing. But for me, once she believed him I wish she had not doubted him, especially after he told her things no one else knew.


Overall, I found this to be a great debut novel from Jennifer Leighton, and I have to mention the steamy scenes…they were indeed steamy! I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next. :)










I must admit, I don't usually go for the "Angel" theme in books. I've read very few over the years, so when this one was offered to me to read for a review, at first I was a little skeptical. I'm not entirely sure why that particular theme has never interested me, but it hasn't. However, the blurb for Angel Fallen drew me in right away. I had to read it. And, for the most part, it was really good. I had a few issues, but overall, it was an interesting story that drew me in from the first page. 

It's a story about a guardian angel who, against all rules and laws of his kind, falls in love with his charge. He has to make the difficult decision to let her her die, or fall from grace. I thought that sounded right up my alley. I enjoyed the story line and how 'George' had to make Jess realize he was her guardian angle and not just a figment of her imagination. I loved George. I thought he was a great character. 

My issue with this book was mostly Jess. I get that her taking some time to finally believe him was bound to happen, otherwise it wouldn't seem real, but I hated that after he finally convinced her, the next day she did a complete 180 and doubted again. Granted, it didn't take too long for her to realize the truth, it still bothered me the way it went down. My other issue, and it wasn't that big just not something I'd encountered before, was how submissive George was. I also get that he loved her and was devoted to her, but I wasn't prepared for his total submission to her in the sexy way. It threw me and I never quite recovered from that. I did love the ending and how they had a happy one. I think this author definitely has talent and I can see myself reading more from her in the future.
























































No comments:

Post a Comment