Saturday, December 26, 2015

REVIEW: Slade: A Bad Boy Stepbrother Romance by Sienna Valentine

28149341Slade: A Bad Boy Stepbrother Romance by Sienna Valentine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book Description:

Seven years ago I made the biggest mistake of my life. 

Slade Jarvis. Hot, ripped, and tattooed, yes. But also an arrogant prick. 

Still, even at eighteen, I should have known better than to let him seduce me. I was taken in by his charm, even though I knew he really only cared about one thing: himself. 

He taught me everything I know about sex, but then he screwed me in another way before disappearing from my life. F*ck him. 

Did I mention he is my stepbrother? Yeah. There’s that, too. 

But now my real brother is in trouble and Slade is the only one who can help. My parents want nothing to do with him, which means I can count on them to help find him, even to help Kellan.

That leaves it up to me. 

But I don't ever want to see Slade again, either... do I? 

Note: This is a stand-alone romance novel with an HEA ending. And, as a special BONUS, this copy of Slade also includes a FULL COPY of the best-selling follow-up novel – Kellan! 









I started off by reading the sample online and I was hooked. I couldn't put it down and had to get it. Once I did, the book just flew by.

While it was addictive, it was also really rushed. I loved the tension between Slade and Iris, they had amazing chemistry...but they went from an adversarial relationship to being in love in the blink of an eye. I just didn't buy it. It was like someone hit them with a 2x4 and they realized they were in love. I just needed more build up for that to happen.

I also had issues with Slade's rapid change in attitude toward his father and step-mother. It just all happened too soon.

Overall, this had the potential to be awesome, if it had been fleshed out a little.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment