Sunday, February 21, 2016

HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO CP SMITH!!!! A Reason to Live...release and review!









Genre: Romantic Suspense with a TWIST
Editor: Julia Goda
Release Date: 2.21.2016








COVER GR
WARNING: Author believes in soul mates and insta-love, proceed with caution if you're not a romantic at heart.

Love's greatest cure is salvation of one’s soul.

Shane Sherman has a problem. Well, two, actually. One has auburn hair and pale-green eyes, and the other? . . . Is a secret. One he doesn't want to talk about. But all that changes when Sage comes to town.

Sage Sloan is being stalked. So she runs to Trails End and the bravest man her sister said she'd ever met. Sergeant Shane Sherman.

Sparks fly, tempers flare, and bears misbehave as Shane and Sage find a way to coexist in Trails End. That is, until a killer comes to call. Then all bets are off. Shane isn't about to lose his saving grace.

This is the third and final book in the Reason Series. I highly recommend you read books one and two before "A Reason To Live."

Rated R for sexual content and language and M for Maxine.


6cf65-add-to-goodreads-button-2





full cover





Amazon US | UK | CA | AU | Kobo | iBooks | B&N







GIVEAWAY
There is still one more day to enter to win a 7" Kindle Fire loaded with eBooks.  Just click HERE to be taken to CP's Facebook page.  Go to the top pinned post and follow the directions on how to enter!  Winner will be chosen 2.21.2016 @7PM 








Wow. I have to say that CP Smith gets better with each book! This is definitely my favorite book of this series.

Just to break this down…I found the mystery/suspense to be compelling. There are times where I’m able to figure out who the bad guy is, but this time, I didn’t. I’m sure other people will be able to, but I definitely did a little double take of “omg, did I read that right!? Did she see that right!? Was she hallucinating!?” So that was a pleasant surprise. I also loved that even though Shane was so dead set on pushing Sage away, he wouldn’t let her out of his sight until the threat was gone.

And since we’re on the subject…I loved the fact that this felt like a slow burn romance. Yes, it was just a matter of days that Sage was in town, but honestly, it felt like longer (in a good way). Shane felt so much guilt over the death of Sage’s sister that he wasn’t willing to let himself feel any happiness and be with Sage. And I loved every minute of it! Sage didn’t blame him, she wanted to help him move on from his guilt but he wouldn’t have it. Watching him fall for her while denying himself the pleasure of her company…was awesome. They didn’t officially get together until somewhere close to 60% of the book so there was a long of back and forth and jealousy going on.

My biggest issue with the story, and the reason it wasn’t a 5 star even though I loved it, was the domant/submissive stuff. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bdsm by any means, but Shane said on multiple occasions that he needed control over everything in this life and he wanted to dominate Sage and Sage was told at least twice that she was naturally submissive. There’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just not my thing so I didn’t enjoy it as much as other’s might. I just couldn’t help but feel like the story/characters didn’t need to go there. 


But, even with that issue, I still loved the story between Sage and Shane.











Summer flowers

CP Smith writes Romance with a Twist. She believes books should be about escape rather than reality. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and five children.

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon









No comments:

Post a Comment