Monday, November 21, 2016

WALLFLOWERS by CP Smith!!!!!

wallflower-banner






wallflowers-synopsis-button

“Romance and poetry, ivy, lichens, and wallflowers, need ruin to make them grow.” ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

They say money is the root of all evil, but sometimes, evil lurks in the most unlikely places.
Calla Lily Armstrong spent her whole life shielding her heart. Now she's ready to break down her walls and see what's hiding on the other side. With the help of her new friends, Poppy Gentry and Sienna Miller, the three band together to find their happily ever after. One Wallflower at a time.

Former Atlanta Homicide Detective, Devin Hawthorne, moved to Savannah for a change of pace and a fresh start as a Private Investigator. He finds it right under his nose in the form of a Southern beauty who drives him to distraction, and deadly secrets that threaten her very life.

Rated mature for language and sexual content.








muscular handsome sexy guy with pretty woman, on dark background, glamour light








AMAZON US | UK | CA | AU

iBooks | Nook | Kobo 










There's so much about this book that I absolutely loved. The whole time I was reading I kept finding different parts I wanted to notate for my review, and here I am not knowing where to start! 

First I have to mention that one of the best aspects of Wallflowers is the fact that I had the awesome opportunity to walk River Street with the author and get a little inside scoop on the books setting. So Calla's home and Devin's office were perfectly pictured in my head as I read along. I think that gave the book a little something extra that I really enjoyed.

For the story itself, I have to say that I freaking loved it and I couldn't put it down. From page one, I was completely devoted to Calla and Devin's story. They were awesome. The whole book was awesome! I loved all the things! I fear I won't be able to do it justice in this review, but I'll try. 

What I loved most about Calla was that she was so easy to relate to. I have always been an avid reader and also felt a little like an outsider at times. I've always been kind of shy and find it hard to break out of that shell at times. If only I had my own Devin to move in next door ;)

Devin Hawthorne. Ohhh man, I love him. His alpha ways, his handsome self was just perfect. I loved how he was with Calla. 

The plot itself was really interesting and kept me intrigued the whole time. I loved the hilarious antics that the "Wallflowers" got up to. I was laughing throughout all of it! The supporting characters were awesome, and I can't even tell you how excited I am for the next two books! 

Another point I wanted to touch on was the books that Calla and her friends mentioned. Devil's Bride to be exact. I had never heard of that book, and I mentioned that to CP Smith and she highly recommended that I give it a try. Just to say, I did and loved it too! And that's saying something since I don't normally like Historical Romance. And, after reading it, I had an even more appreciation for Devin! ;)

I know I didn't recap the book, but I feel like it should be experienced first hand with no spoilers. What you should know, it's a great story with awesome characters, funny dialogue, a hint of seriousness to give it some extra heart, mystery and intrigue, great writing, and just enough steam to give it that extra somethin somethin ;)


Overall, it was another amazing read from an amazing author that I have been fortunate enough to meet in person and call friend. I have loved all of Ms. Smith's books and she definitely didn't disappoint with Wallflowers! I can't wait for the next book!


14721728_1806072359616007_7803127268539551034_n



wallflowers-about-the-author-button


Summer flowers

CP Smith lives in Oklahoma with her husband and five children. She loves football, reading, and card games. Writing for her is about escape. She writes what she loves to read, and leaves the rest to those with better imaginations.








      

No comments:

Post a Comment