Monday, January 9, 2017

Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick, #0.5) Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley




Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick, #0.5)
Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm wondering why I felt like Daisy and Marcus didn't need their story to be told. After all, they had their story, in its own way, through out the Rock Chick series. So I thought- no way would I read this. Then, our blog was offer a chance to read it before it came out. I thought- sure why not? Never say never!!

Daisy totally needed her time in the spotlight. And I now have answers to a few things I never thought I needed.

Daisy- she had a crummy upbringing, so much so, that she dreamed up a castle to safeguard herself. (Now I get the whole castle thing in the series.) She has a traumatic experience, which pulled at my heart strings, before she fully meets her man, Marcus.

Can I say how much I loved Marcus!? Such a great guy when it came to Daisy. He was alpha without having to be an idiot. Ha ha! Never was he crude- which I was so grateful for. He had class, and he was a gentleman. He wanted Daisy, and he set out to make his life right to do so.

I felt like KA did a great job with this Novella. No jerkface alpha, no run around sentences, and no over load in detailed information. I loved that I felt like she was back to her original style- but with a new kick. (That probably only makes sense to me.)

And can we say how much I loved that epilogue??? It made me teary, it made me smile, and it made me laugh. I loved how it all played out. I was so happy for the Sloan's. Truly one of KA's best epilogues!

I loved all of the series characters short moments- even before Daisy new them. I even loved the short clip about Dawn! Hahaha!

I'm also liked how the smexy scenes were not overly done - no over kill.

I'll say one negative thing: Coochie. If my eyes never see that word again- or have it filtered through my mind, I'll be one happy woman. Ugh.

ARC generously provided for an honest review- and I can whole heartily say that this is one of her better stories in a long while. It's all about that epilogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment