Thursday, July 20, 2017

NEW RELEASE!!!! Where the Night Ends by Melissa Toppen!

Title: Where the Night Ends
Author: Melissa Toppen
Genre: Coming to Age Romance
Release Date: July 18, 2017


Hot Books and Sassy Girls Book Blog - “Where the night ends, will leave you emotional and breathless. This one gives you hope for true love and the author did a great job in capturing the emotions of true love.”
My Time Out Book Blog - “I've never experienced so many emotions while reading a book. But at the same time brings back so many memories.”
Book Haven Book Blog - “Completely phenomenal!! This book filled me with nostalgia for the power and longevity of a first time love, and literally brought me to my knees at 3am in a puddled mess on the floor when it was all over because I lost an entire day with Sebastian and Tessa.”



It only takes one night—one moment, one small snippet of time—to change everything. At sixteen-years-old, Sebastian Baxter taught me that. He taught me a lot of things.


He never had to work for my heart. In some unexplainable way I think it had always belonged to him anyway.


We spent years loving each other, hurting each other, trying to forget each other, but no matter how hard I tried, I could never erase the memory of him. His eyes, his smile, his touch—these are all things that are embedded in my brain, tattooed on my skin, and etched into my heart.


Some might think our love story is over, but deep down I know it’s only just beginning.

Because it’s not about where the night begins, it’s about where it ends…


Where the Night Ends is a standalone, coming of age, romance.


 






OMG. THIS BOOK! Reading it was a total rollercoaster. I didn’t know which way was up!

This book was freaking awesome. I’ve only read one other book by Melissa Toppen (so far) but I liked what I read. So when I got the chance to read this before it was released, I jumped on it. I literally read it in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down. From the moment Tessa and Sebastian met, the emotions were jumping of the page. I loved their connection, and how he was willing to go slow with her. I loved watching him fall in love with her, and her with him.
This book seriously got me. Like seriously had me by the heart and was jerking me every which way. I knew, just KNEW that things were going to blow up. I was loving the story. I was into it, it was AMAZING….but it was going a little too good…know what I mean? Then it happened…BAM…things blew up.

And while I still loved the book, I started to have issues with Tessa. It wasn’t anything huge, but, let’s be real here….I loved Sebastian. Like seriously loved him. I’ve definitely added him to my book boyfriend collection…but with the way she kept reacting to him, pushing him away…I got seriously frustrated with her. At one point I didn’t care if they ever got together just because I wanted to reach into my kindle and pull him out so he could be mine.



So, yeah….if you know me at all, I hold grudges against fictional characters. It’s not a new thing but I’m happy to say it doesn’t happen all that often. But there’s definitely a grudge against Tessa. There was a moment at her graduation party… girl, no. Just no. I wasn’t cool with it AT. ALL. I haven’t felt the need to give a character a good Gibbs head slap in ages, but at that moment, I wanted to head slap her…no, I wanted to give her a good dropkick across the globe.

Thankfully, she did come to her senses. I’m honestly still a little torn as to whether things went to easy for her or if she should have had to work harder to make up for what happened at the graduation party.

Even with my irritation at Tessa, I completely loved this book. I hated to see it end…even if it did rip my heart out on more than one occasion. This book was pure magic. It’s a definite must read! 










Melissa Toppen is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Romance Author of New Adult, Contemporary, Erotic and Romantic Suspense. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read. Melissa was born and raised in a small town in Ohio and now resides in Cincinnati with her husband and two children, where she writes full time. In addition to spending time with family and friends, Melissa loves going to concerts and is obsessed with the T.V. shows Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time and Outlander.




HOSTED BY:


No comments:

Post a Comment