Monday, July 17, 2017

REVIEW: The Roommate Arrangement by Vanessa Waltz

35624949The Roommate Arrangement by Vanessa Waltz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Seven hot bachelors.
One forbidden fling.
The only man I want is the one I can’t have.

My brother gave me a place to stay. His one rule? Don’t fool around with his friends.

They’re seven men, all with smoking-hot bodies and no boundaries. I’m the Help in this ridiculous bachelor pad. If it’s not strip-poker weekend, it’s nude pool parties. They’re making my life and libido a living hell.

Especially Grayson: a six-foot-two athlete with sun-kissed skin, slabs and slabs of muscle, and gorgeous dimples curving into his cheeks. The moment I saw him, I was smitten. Then he kissed me. Laid me on the kitchen table. Stroked my body with his tongue.

Now we can’t keep our hands off each other. It’s a forbidden romance, a hot summer fling, but I’ll trade everything to have endless balmy nights with him. 

We could have it all if it weren't for my overprotective brother. The guy holding an axe over my future. He’ll kick me to the curb if he finds out, but I’m risking it all just to have Grayson for one more night.

Did I mention he’s my brother’s ex-best friend?



 










I sort of had a love/hate relationship with this book. On one hand, it was super cute (and steamy) but on the other hand, it pissed me off to no end.

First the good: I loved the connection between Grayson and Saffie. I loved watching them flirt and seeing them fall for each other. Yes, Grayson bugged me a little when he was using Saffie to tick off fans and management to get traded but ended up really falling for her.

I also loved the Snow White feel to the book, with the 7 guys she lived with. I enjoyed the scenes with the guys and wished that there was more of that.

Now, the bad: I hated her brother and their father. I hated how she was blamed for something that wasn’t her fault. I hated how they treated her. I hated how much she wanted their approval. Honestly, I wanted to shove Henry off a cliff. He was such a selfish, self righteous prick. Simply put, he was an asshole. I couldn’t stand him. And that’s putting it nicely. Every issue I had with this book revolved around her brother and father. The twist with the father…I called it. I saw it coming a mile away. But that doesn’t excuse how she was treated. I have to give props to Ms. Waltz for writing two characters that I absolutely loathed! My issues with Henry didn’t just revolve around how he treated his sister. It also extended to how he’d treated Grayson. Henry had no remorse except for how things affected him. I seriously wanted to push him off a cliff.

My only real complaint about the book was how things seemed to happen really quick. And I mean, I know that she was only there for the summer, but things happened fast. They started hooking up (I was ok with that part) but then next thing I know, they’re dating and everyone knows and they’re going away together and it was all just fast. I kept wondering if I had missed something. I wish someone (one of the other guys) had found out before everything moved so fast.

But honestly, I enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment