Friday, August 11, 2017

REVIEW: Permission to Come Aboard by Shayne McClendon

35706181Permission to Come Aboard by Shayne McClendon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

This book contains explicit language, explicit sexual situations, and an explicit M/M subplot. Please do not read this book if these things offend you. 

When the Harding twins book a group of ex-military men on their deep-sea fishing charter, they never expect to find the two men in all the world willing to understand them, prepared to love them through their pasts. 

Charter captain Dakota Harding has been damaged for most of her life. She refuses to let down her guard and is only close to her brothers as a result. When Gunner Cain steps on her boat with his friends he manages to pierce that tough outer shell and cause a ripple effect throughout her entire life. 

Chaz Harding has made it his life's work to protect his siblings and after a violent lesson in the evil men can do when faced with someone different, he has withdrawn behind a wall of self-imposed isolation. Shawn Clay shows him that some risks are worth taking and some loves are worth fighting for...no matter how hard it can be.












I’ve read a couple other books by this author and loved them, so going into this one, I expected the same thing. I’ll admit, I wasn’t sure I’d have the same luck, it took me a few chapters to really come around to Dakota. But I loved Dakota and Gunner. I loved watching them fall for each other. I loved seeing Gunner become part of her family, becoming friends with her brothers.

Dakota was not a weak female by any means. She was strong, not someone to be messed with. She and her twin brother endured hell in their childhood, and they stuck together, becoming protective and strong people to survive. I admire them both greatly.

I also loved seeing the little cameo from Davis Lange from Completely Wrecked. That was awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment