Sunday, August 13, 2017

REVIEW: A Sunny Heart by Shayne McClendon

35706183A Sunny Heart by Shayne McClendon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Description: 

Some men insist on being fools.

When Addison Hauser gives her heart to her best friend at sixteen, she never expects him to disappear with it. Working the ranch and caring for her father, she doesn’t have much time to dwell on the hole he left.

Twelve years later, Mack returns to claim her and is quickly reminded why bullies ran from his best friend when she was seven. It isn’t going to be easy to get back in her good graces. He’s willing to do the work…if he can just keep her from shooting him.












Another one bites the dust! I’ve seriously been on a roll of Shayne McClendon’s books. And for some reason that I can’t put my finger on, this one is probably my favorite. Well…it’s tied with Always Delightful.

There was just something about Sunny and Mack’s lifelong friendship that got to me. I loved seeing them as friends that turned into more. And as odd as it may sound, I loved seeing how Sunny’s life changed after Mack left and how she eventually grew bitter with life and her obligations. Maybe it’s because I get it. You think life is going to be one way and then one day you realize that it’s not at all like you thought it would be.

I’ll admit, I was both hoping Sunny and Mack would have a grand reunion and that she would just shoot him. I wasn’t sure which reaction I wanted more for when she found out he was MJ.

Shayne McClendon writes some awesome heroines that are strong. They just feel real. That's not to say that they don't need anyone, but they're not weak women that give in at the word boo from the hero and I think that's one of the things that I love so much about her books. 

I can definitely see this being a book I’ll reread multiple times!



No comments:

Post a Comment