Wednesday, September 25, 2013

REVIEW: Pieces of Perfect by Elizabeth Hayley

18308384Pieces of Perfect by Elizabeth Hayley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description:


ADULT CONTENT - Only Suitable for 17+.

As a sexy ex-hockey player, Max was the bad boy with something to prove. As a handsome single father, Adam was the man most women wait a lifetime for. Each man would take me on a journey of self-discovery that was marred with lies, jealousy, deceit, and a whole lot of fun. They each offered a glimpse of happily ever after, a piece of perfect. But in my constant quest to have it all, I would risk losing everything. Only one thing was certain. I’d never be the same after this.



goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47






So....um...wow.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of this book. On one hand, it was really good and I couldn't put it down. But on the other hand...It really irritated me.

So I'll break it down...A book always starts with 5 stars with me. And over the course of reading, I adjust the scale to reflect what's happening in the book and my reaction to it. So, I started with 5, deducted a star for cheating (yes, I call it cheating) and another for the ending. So that leaves me with a 3. The only problem is...There were parts that I really liked. And I couldn't put it down. So, I'm going with a final rating of 3.5

Prior to picking this up, I didn't know that it was part of a series or even had a cliffhanger. I really need to start doing my research because half way through I found out about the cliffhanger. And by 20% it was more than obvious that it was going to be a love triangle.

Here's my issue with the ending...If I didn't know that there was another book, I could have written it off as...not a coming of age book, but more of a self-discovery type of book...with a couple of romances and some steamy scenes.

I wanted to like Lily and I did up to a certain point. But after a while, her swinging between the two guys bugged me. It wasn’t just seeing both of them, she was sleeping with both of them. She was cheating on the guy she claimed was her boyfriend. Add in the fact that she was a downright witch to the other guy and I just started to dislike her.

I can honestly say that I loved both guys…but one more than the other. If the book had only one guy in it, I would have been happy to see her get a HEA with either guy. But I’ll admit, I had a real soft spot for Max. I really felt sorry for him at times. Lily was downright awful to him. And I think he cared about her far more than she knew. I really wish there had been his POV in this book, because I would have loved it.

I’ll be interested to see if the next book picks up where this one ended, if Lily ends up with one of the guys from this book or if she ends up with someone completely different. Or…if the next book is about someone else. Either way, I can’t wait to read more from this author.


View all my reviews on Goodreads.

My reviews can also be found on BookLikes. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment