Thursday, July 3, 2014

Animal Attraction (Alaskan Werewolf, #1) by Paige Tyler

Animal Attraction by Paige Tyler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Not only are werewolves real, but they're damn hunky, too. 

Frustrated when none of the real newspapers will hire her as a reporter, Eliza Bradley takes the only job she can get—at a paranormal magazine. Her first assignment takes her to Fairbanks, Alaska to investigate the rumors that a werewolf has killed two local men. 

When she meets Hunter McCall, a local college professor and an expert on wolves, she finds herself irresistibly drawn to him and ends up spending more time in his bed than worrying about werewolves. That’s when Eliza finds out Hunter isn't just an animal in the sack, he’s an animal out of it, too—of the werewolf variety. Talk about a complicated relationship. 

But Eliza can’t dwell on Hunter’s little shapeshifting issues for long. There’s another werewolf out there with a taste for human blood, and she and Hunter are the only ones who can stop him. If they don’t, they’re likely to become his next victims.


**ANIMAL ATTRACTION was originally published in 2008. It was an EPIC Award Finalist, was chosen as BEST BOOK of 2008 at Long and Short Reviews, and received amazing reviews. When I got the rights back from the publisher a little while ago, I decided to revise and rework the story, adding in new characters, a new story arc, and more suspense, action and adventure, which turned the original novella into a full-length novel, and I think made it even better. Hope you enjoy it! **









What do you get when you take a city girl out of the city and throw her in the wilds of Alaska on the hunt for a werewolf killing humans? Oh, and add in a hunky professor who makes her sizzle with just a look? Um, a really freaking great book! I could not put this down! It had it all! Mysterious wolf killing locals, hunky hero you can't help but fall for, brazen heroine who is smart and feisty, great side characters, steaming hot sex, and a well thought out and well written plot. I loved it! 

Eliza has had the dream to be a reporter for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately, she isn't having any luck in finding that perfect job that will help her break out into the world of journalism. Down on her luck, she takes a job at a magazine that caters to the paranormal. Her first assignment is to head up to Alaska on the trail of a "werewolf" killing men. She's skeptical and disbelieving, but she also has bills to pay so she goes. Her first night in town, at a diner with her co-worker to brainstorm, she sees a fine specimen of a man and is struck speechless. Literally. Not able to get the nerve up to do more than ask to borrow his ketchup, she tuns back to her companion. Little does she know, the next day she'll see him again.

Professor Hunter McCall has an instant animal attraction the the beauty from the diner. But he watches her leave and regrets it immediately. Lucky for him, the next day she's in need of his expertise. See, he's an expert on wolves, in more ways than one. Eliza is trying her hardest to create as realistic of a story as she can to be true to herself while still doing her job. At the advice of a friendly cop on the murder case, she heads to the college to chat with the hottie professor to get his take on the wolf angle. The two are drawn to each other and can't seem to stay apart. They embark on a steamy relationship while also on the hunt for the rogue wolf. Turns out our professor knows a little more than he lets on, seeing as he's also a werewolf. As more bodies are piling up, they start to find the clues they need to figure out who's behind the deaths.

What I liked most about this story was that it flowed continuously and there were never any dull moments. Whether Eliza and Hunter were searching for clues as to who the bad guy was, or they were tearing up the sheets, I was captivated the entire time. I liked that when she found out what he was, she didn't lose her cool. In fact, she was pretty calm and collected throughout all the crazy things she learned and saw. I felt like she was a brave and strong woman and I like that in my heroines. Hunter may have been a professor, but he was still every inch the alpha male I love to read about. He was sweet and tender with Eliza while also bold and brave. I really loved the two of them together. I also really liked the secondary characters. I liked that there was a mystery aspect to this story. I just liked everything about it! Ok I take that back, there was only one thing I had an issue with. The editing. While it wasn't horrendous, there was a lot of mistakes. Most I was able to overlook, but some I was not and they irked me. I don't think they took anything away from the story, but I still felt the need to mention them. Overall, I really enjoyed Animal Attraction and I would love to read the next in this series! 



View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment